[18]

CHICKEN nuggets.

The smell of chicken nuggets had woke up Stella from her deep sleep. She immediately jumped out of her bed and ran downstairs once she took a minute to think if she was imagining the smell of chicken nuggets or not.

Once she realized that it wasn't some dream of hers. She took off running into the kitchen to see Lydia taking out a plate of chicken nuggets from the Argents microwave.

"Hey, babe. I heated up some chicken nuggets for you!" Lydia says with a bright smile on her face as she took a bottle of ketchup from the fridge, placing it on the table next to the plate of chicken nuggets.

Stella quickly examined her entire face and body. Trying to see if she was actually dreaming again or if something was off about her strawberry blonde friend.

"Come sit! I also made some chocolate chip pancakes for you. Don't want them to get cold, am I right?" She continues to talk as she placed another plate next to the plate of chicken nuggets.

Yup. Something was definitely off about her.

Stella squinted slightly and kept trying to understand what was going on exactly. She was thinking that she was probably going crazy.

There was just no way that Lydia Martin was making her breakfast at 6 o'clock in the morning. Lydia was just not that nice.

"What?"

"What do you mean what? You know what." Stella started to say and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"What? I don't know what you mean. What 'what' are you talking about?" Lydia asked with her head slightly tilted to the right as she pretended to think about what Stella was talking about but she knew damn well what she was talking about.

"Lydia Martin, are you trying to bribe me with food right now so I can forgive you for lying to me?" Stella asked causing Lydia to smile widely at her.

"Maybe?" Lydia trails off while putting whip cream on top of Stella's pancakes.

The brunette rolled her eyes before walking over to the table and grabbed a chicken nugget.

"Well, it's working." Stella mumbled as she was now munching on a chicken nugget making Lydia smile at that but it quickly faded when she let out a small sigh.

"I really am sorry, Stella. You know I didn't mean to hurt you. It's just that Allison was the one who wanted to tell you about the news. So... when she... died. None of us really knew how to tell you." She tried to explain it to her while Stella just stared into her green eyes.

Her once light brown eyes turning into a cold dark brown. Lydia instantly spotted that detail. Making her frown. She didn't want to upset her even more by bringing up her cousin. But, she had to know about the truth. The whole truth.

Lydia cleared her throat to continue on talking, "She told us that she would do it because she knew you better than anyone else. She would know how to tell you and how to handle you. None of us knew exactly where to start or how you would react to the news. We aren't Allison. So... basically we all decided not to tell you until we felt that the time was right. We didn't keep this big secret from you to hurt you, honey. We did it because we didn't want to fail Allison or you."