Surprise

The next few days I go to school like normal. I try to keep my head in the game, I don't want to fail now.

I never heard about Laura's test results, I decide I would want till they called me. It's killing me though. Well I guess it couldn't be that bad or I would have gotten a phone call saying she is dead or something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday October 7 2016

As soon as I finish class I go to my dorm. As I walk in my phone starts ringing. From the ringtone I know its Chloe.

I place my books down and answer my phone. "Hello."

"Hey, sorry I never called you, we'll Laura called you on Monday." Chloe says.

"No trouble at all! How is she?" I ask.

“She has been in the hospital since she got the results back. They are surprised she isn't dead yet, they want to be able to watch her..." There was silence after that.

"Chloe what is it?" I ask getting scared.

"The doctor talked to me, and they did more accurate test and there is a 97% chance that she is going to die this weekend. Would you, Louis, Harry, Raven, and Liam want to come down tonight?"

"We would love to." I tell her.

"Okay, see you later to tonight, bye!" And with that we hung up.

I called Louis to tell him that him, Harry, and Liam are going with me and Raven to see Laura. When Raven got home I told her, we both packed what we think we will need.

In an hour there is a knock on our door. It's the guys. We bring our stuff to the parking lot and I go to Louis car with him and Harry. Raven went to Liam's.

We listened to music the whole way there on the radio.

We went straight to the hospital since that's where Chloe texted me to go. She said its going I be a surprise for Laura that we are coming.

When we walk in Louis goes to the main counter and asks what room Laura's in. 504, we head there.

Chloe meets us down the hall, we get to Laura's room and walk in.

"Surprise!" I say, and then start doing jazz hands.

"What are you doing?" Raven asks.

I turn and face her still doing jazz hand. "Jazz hands!"

She gives me a 'your-in-a-hospital-and-should-stop' kind of look, so I stop.

"So how are you feeling?" Harry asks.

"Like I want to kill the doctor and break out of this place, but no it's for my health that I stay here." She says to us.

"At least you haven't changed at all." I say.

We sit on some seats in her room and talk for a while. Then she starts coughing. The doctor walks in seconds after it happens.

He tells us to go wait outside the room so we all leave.

We stay in the hallway listening to the only sound there was, the beep of Laura's heart coming from the machine beside her in the room.

It starts to speed up as she doesn't stop coughing. Then it slows down...

Then it stops.