Chapter 3: Chatting

Jaz's POV

I emptied my plate and ate all of the food giving Aoba a warm smile. "Thanks Owba."

"Your welcome Jaz." As he got up from his seat and cleared the table. I face planted the table. I felt dehydrated from so much seasoning in the food and I know Dad felt the same way. "That was so a set up." I mumbled. Dad looked my way and chuckled. I looked up at him surprised.

"He's trying."

"I know, but still though my spaghetti."

My dad shakes his head of amusement getting up from his chair clearing his plate. I followed behind also clearing my plate. It seemed like he was going to wash the dishes but I decided to help him.

"Hey Dad?"

Dad looked to me with a soft look. "Hmm?"

"How did you meet mom?" I asked curiously. I didn't know what to ask first since we barely talked.

Mink's POV

Jaz's question surprised me but I somewhat expected much. It's great that she's talking more. "I met your mother in the village I was going to be next in line to be chief. Little did I know she was arranged to marry me. Which I had no say so to the marriage. She very cunning, smart, beautiful." I chuckled, "And I see how her traits went down to you." Jaz smiled lightly drying the dishes. She looked up to me and asked, "So even though you two were arranged to be married you and mom loved each other either way?" 

I nodded. "Yes very much so."

"It's nice to hear that. Most people who are arranged to be marry don't like each other."

I raised an eyebrow at my daughter. "Books?"

"Yeah, and in reality as well. But at least you had loved and respected each other to have me." She chuckles heartily. I dried my hands from finishing the dishes, leaning down and kissed her forehead. "Yes we surely did and it's a blessing to see another being, such as yourself made of our images into this world."

Aoba's POV

Not leaving the kitchen area I was in the hallway listening as the two talked. It's really sweet to hear the two talk. I smiled to myself. Maybe one day...

~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey you guys and I'm not dead a lot has been going on in school and family. So right now I don't have my phone since it's been taken away from a harsh agruement with my parents. I really miss writing so here is another chappy for you all and more on the way if I can!