Chapter 10: Protective Cinnamon

The movie was over and it was a really great movie really. We all walked out of the theater chatting about the movie. "It wasn't all that bad. I really thought it was going to be boring to be honest." Z said throwing away his trash. "I agree with you I ended up liking it even though the humor was bad." I said chuckling. Maria rolled her eyes still sipping on her drink. Charlie shrugged. "Well it was fun now can we go to your place to kick your ass at the Mortal Kombat X game?" He asked Jacob in a challenged voice. 

"Oh you are so on Charlie." Jacob looked towards me ", Oh Jaz wanna come over?"

"Ummm....." I looked over at the entrance doors and saw that it was already night time. Oh no dad is already back at home! "Not this time I really need to get home. Immediately."

"Aw, your parents must be strict then." Z said.

Well couldn't exactly say that they are but surely not Owba. He's too soft to be even strict. "Oh okay then....do you need a ride home?"

I nodded."Yeah since my house kinda far from here."

"How far is it?" Jacob asked.

"In the woods."

They all just looked at me as if I was joking. Maria practically laughed. "You mean to tell me you live in the forest like an animal? Oh wait you are since you're one with nature, right?" Trevor flicked the side of Maria's head. "Cut it out would ya? You're getting annoying with your voice. Please don't mind her Jaz."

"Thanks, I owe you one." 

Jacob lead the way to his truck as well as the others followed along. "Nice truck." I said getting in the passenger seat. Jacob grinned getting in the driver seat. "Thanks, I tweaked the truck a bit when I got it." He started the truck.

At Home...Aoba's POV

Jaz wasn't back yet and Mink started to question me on where she was.....and I know I can't lie that well. "Aoba where did Jaz go?" Mink stood in front of me standing with his arms crossed. I can't tell him that she went out on a date with some boy she met at the store. I promised Jaz I wouldn't tell. "I-I was asleep when she went out.....I wouldn't really know where she went."

Mink leaned down at me looking me dead in the eyes. "You're lying."

Goddammit.

"Aoba where did she go?" In a serious and soft tone.

"She--" 

"I'm home."

I was cut off by the door as Jaz walked in. Mink stood up straight and walked towards Jaz. She looked more nervous than I did. Mink looked over Jaz as if he were checking to see if she was hurt or had any bruises. Mink let out a sigh of relief. "Where have you been? Do you know how late it is?"

"Yes dad I know it's late but I got home safely, didn't I?"

"True, but that doesn't answer my question." Jaz knew she won't get out of this easily.

"......On......a date."

Mink's mouth opened then closed not getting the words out. He was shocked. Mink let out a deep sigh pinching the bridge of his noes. "Just go bathe and change."