Entry 64

November 19

First thing I did when I got to class today was pass Vincent a note telling him I wanted to stop talking for a while. Of course he sent a note back asking why and I... I chickened out. I knew he wouldn't leave me alone if I told him it was because I might finally have a chance with Henry, so instead I said it was because I had a project that I wanted to be able to fully focus on. He expressed skepticism at that, but I told him that he'd be able to see the results of the project if it actually turned out well.

Then I told him that in the meantime he should hang out with Henry and his gang, because it was better than being alone. He glanced at me when he read that note, and thankfully I'm very good at not looking guilty, otherwise I'm sure he would've caught me. I know having Vincent in his group will put Henry in a better mood, which means he'll be in a better mood about me too.

Henry wants me in his group, I know it. He sees potential in me. He just needs to know that I won't drag him down to my level. So I need to do way better too. If I ever get a chance, I'll have to ask him how I can be better, and then I'll do what he tells me. I'll do anything if there's actually a chance.

I've never been this close before!

Vincent finally agreed to give Henry and his gang another try, but only if I talked to my mom about enrolling Liota in school. He said he wouldn't deal with Henry until we talked to my mom! So now I have to come up with a plan for that before I can come up with a plan for getting into Henry's group.

Honestly, I'd kinda forgotten about Liota's enrollment. I really should've been thinking about that, not about what happened with Henry. Not only am I a terrible friend, but I'm a terrible brother too. An all around terrible person, it's a wonder anyone even gives me a chance.

My mom has this Sunday off again. Hopefully she'll be in a good enough mood to reason with. I'll tell Vincent about it tomorrow.

My plan so far is this: Drop Liota off at the library, where I meet Vincent. Then Vincent and I return to my house. I introduce him to my mom, and if that goes well, he'll head into my bedroom while I talk to my mom about enrolling Liota, and if she reacts poorly, he steps in to help me subdue her. Not foolproof, unfortunately, but it's the best I can do with so little time.