Chap. 17

1 WEEK LATER

I stood to the side of my mothers coffin as the preacher spoke and said a few prayers. Zara walked up to me and put her arm around me. I had my violin with me. I'm going to play her favorite song. I stood there in my black high low dress and in my knee high air walks. It was quiet except for the preacher who talked and the whimpering and moaning and crying of the friends and family that was there. I saw a man hold a thing of white daisies. "A.J. Please come." The preacher said. I walked in front of everyone. "I'm not really good with words and I'm really prepared for speeches much... Especially this. But how I do my talks is with music and I'm going to play my mothers favorite song." I said. I rested the violin on my shoulder and rested the bow on the strings of the violin. Laura Shigihara's song "Everything's Alright" was her favorite song. Every push and pull of the bow made we weaker and weaker. People cried even harder and some held their love ones closer. At the end, my hands fell. I realized I had tears coming out of my eyes. I walked back over to the side. Zara and I hugged each other closely. "Thank you A.J. May you all go and keep this wonderful woman in your heart's and mind's." People left but I stayed as the rain came down. I saw some guys come over and rest her down in the ground. I had a bouquet of pink roses that she always loved. I sat them down there and grabbed a hand full of dirt in and watched as they put her in. A guy walked over to me. "This must be hard." I nodded. "She was my number one fan and supporter." I said. "Hey. You're A.J. Waterson right?" I looked at him. "Yes I am." He grabbed my hands. "Oh my gosh! My daughter has posters of you in her room! You are a life saver!" I looked confused. "What?" He took in a deep breath. "You saved my daughter's life." "How?" He took in a deep breath. "Well, at her school, people bully her because they didn't like how different she was. We want to make her happy, my wife and I, but something wasn't right. She was so nice but she started coming home from school late. I stayed up and when she came in I asked what was wrong with her. I looked closer and turned on all of the lights. They beat her up. I saw that she was cutting her wrists and hiding them. One day my wife came home from work early and couldn't find our daughter anywhere. The bathroom door was locked. She knew she was in there. She was able to get the door kicked open. She had a thing of bleach and tons of pills. She called the hospital and than me. She went crazy. They washed her out and she was fine. She wouldn't speak for weeks. One day we came to the hospital and a doctor came up to us and he seamed happy. He showed us why. She was dancing around in her room and pretending to play a violin. We came in and she didn't care. We learned that was you and when we came home one day... Posters of you were up all over her walls. She danced and she was most happiest girl I've ever seen! She learned from you to stick up for yourself and don't be afraid to be different. I thank you for saving her." He nodded. "Wow! I can't believe I did that. What her name?" I asked. "Kait." I nodded. I pulled out some tickets and passes. "These are plane tickets to the U.K. These are the papers and directions to the hotel room and to the arena. These are the tickets to the concert and back stage passes. They were for my friend and mother but I can fly my friend out with me anytime and my moms gone so take them. I have an extra one in case I lost one." I handed it to him. "Thank you and God bless you!" He ran off to his truck and raced off. I felt good. I turned around and saw the guy with daisies. "May I help you?" I asked. "Do you remember me?" He asked. I looked closer. "Dad? What are you doing here?" I said. I was surprised. "I want to take you with me and you can stay in America and perform. I shook my head. "No. I don't trust you. You left us. You might take my money. No." He looked angry. A black car pulled up. Bill came out. "A.J. Your mothers orders are to go straight back." He opened the door and I sat inside as Bill closed the door. "You're making a huge mistake April!" We drove off. I got one the plane and went back to the U.K. I still couldn't believe it. I saved someone's life. I changed my clothes into jeans, a long black sleeved shirt and a heavy jacket along with regular Nike shoes. The plane landed hours later and Dave drove me home. As he dropped me off he said, "There is a surprise inside." He drove away and I walked in. Flowers everywhere and a few chocolate baskets. I read each card on each flower. A huge thing of different colored roses caught my eye. I read the card. "I'm so sorry you lost your mom and your dad left you. If you need anything just call. -Harry." I sat the flowers that were not in vases in vases of water. I unpacked my stuff and grabbed my violin. I turned the CD on that has the boys songs on it. "I'll learn the moves and notes for you mom!" I said. Liam said I can take tomorrow off than its the weekend. Gives me plenty of time to catch up. that's what I did day and night and every time I had free time. It went on till the next Monday. I worked so hard that I got everything right. I never missed a step or a note. I woke up Monday morning in bed. I looked at the time. 12 p.m. Zayn called me. "Hey! No practice today! We agreed that we all have worked so hard on this that tonight we are going to a club. You wanna come?" I took a deep breath in. "Sure! I could use a little break!" "Ok! See you later!" "Bye!" I realized that if we go than the one person I hate will go. Taylor Swift. This should be good.