Jamie Warren(A Seamus Finnigan Love Story)(The tournament)(Ch.28)

When you arrived back at the burrow Molly started fusing over you and Charlie, as his friends watched on with awkward giggles. Molly noticed the boys and sent them home. 

You were sitting in the kitchen drinking some butter beer that Charlie had conjured up for the both of you , Molly was upstairs cleaning to keep her mind of the worst possibilities that could have passed to the others. You had just finished when you heard the gate opening. You stood up so quickly you knocked your chair over, you swung the door open and stop on the porch.

 “They’re back!” you shouted, running down the steps. “Thank god you’re all alright.” You said relieved and hugged each of them in turn. Molly was only a few steps behind you; each of them accepted their turns to be fussed over by her.

September 1st arrived sooner then you had hoped. You found yourself standing right between platforms 9 and 10.

 “Go ahead Jamie.” Molly encouraged you. You went into a run towards the center of the wall, closed your eyes and prepared for a neck breaking collision with the wall but it never came, when you opened your eyes you were in a whole different world. The others where right behind you. You said to Molly then boarded the train. You felt a great weight was off your shoulders, you could forget about the past summer and leave it all behind.

“See you later. I’m going to find Seamus.” You told Ron, Hermione, Harry and Charlotte leaving them to go look for Seamus. You found him and Dean Thomas in one of the last compartments playing exploding snap. They didn’t notice you right away, until you knocked.

“Jamie! Hey how’s it going I heard what happened at the world cup? Are you okay?” Seamus asked concerned.

“Just a little shaken up. But I’ll be okay.” You replied earnestly not meeting either of the boys’ eyes.

 “So how your summer been, Dean?” you asked changing the subject.

“Pretty good, the Irish winning made it a lot better.” He answered cheerfully.

“And you Seamus?”

“I missed you, I was worried about you, I felt better when I saw you at the world cup. Then I found out you had a boyfriend two days later.” Seamus snapped, his mood changing quickly.

“I’m sorry Seamus, I should’ve told you but I didn’t want to ruin our relationship because I know how you feel about me, I feel the same way but then wasn’t the time to tell you that.” You said ruefully, “I swear it’s the truth.”

“Bathroom.” Dean said to avoid this conversation.

 Seamus look at you with shock, “You do?” he gulped.

“I do, but I’m afraid I’m going to rush into it, but I don’t want you and me to turn around like my relations have.” You rambled.

“Jamie! Jamie!” He interrupted. “We don’t have to rush into things. We can take as slowly as you want, and I promise you we aren’t going to end up like the rest of your relationships.”

“Promise?” you said nervously.

“I promise.” He assured you. He embraced you into a reassuring hug, and you took it all in.

The trained slowed outside Hogsmeade station. “Seamus wake up, we’re here.” You said nudging him awake. He had fallen asleep on your lap, where you had dosed of slightly too.