Jamie Warren(A Seamus Finnigan Love Story)(Farewells)(Ch.42)

Never ever ever thought I would be updating this again! It was the first story I had ever writen and to tell you all the truth, I am kind of embarrassed with a lot of the writting in this story... It used to be ALL dialogue and I don't know if anyone has ever noticed but Jamie Warren starts out in third person and changes to first person. This is due to me writting another story in first person and I would just get the point of view mixed up so I stayed with a first person view. This story will always have a place in my heart as it is what drove me to create my own stories but I am very close to some how making it come to a close or just discontinuing it. I don't know yet...I'll see what the response is like for this chapter...which isn't very exciting anyways. Well here it is!

After a moment of silence unanswered questions came to me, “If I was in the graveyard to find my mother. How did Harry get there? Why was he there?” They explained to me that the Triwizard cup was a portkey and had transported them –Cedric and Harry, to the graveyard. The port key had been put in the maze but Barty Crouch Junior disguised as Professor Moody. I shuddered at the knowledge that Crouch Jr. had so many chances to harm Harry or any of the students and there would have been nothing the rest of the staff could have done for it.

They sent  Harry away first he looked terrible and after spending a while longer in Dumbledore’s office it was decided that I would only be returning to the burrow to collect my belongings, but would be joining Sirius at his former home in London; Grimmauld Place he called it, they did not inform Harry of this though.

By the time Sirius had left and I got back to the Ravenclaw common room it was late at night and only a few teary-eyed stragglers remain. They didn’t acknowledge me so I continued to my dorm room. I sat on my bed, alone in the room. I had no idea where everyone was, grieving in the great hall perhaps. I laid down and tucked my knees to my chest.

What a day this had turned out to be. One that was supposed to be full of festivities to celebrate the champion of the Triwizard Tournament and I was supposed to finally meet my mother. Instead the festivities were many grieving students and I was not closer to meeting my mother then I was at the first task, except for the letter and the mysterious stone.

I didn’t sleep that night, the images from the graveyard playing over and over again in my mind to a point where they really did get confusing. Silent tears filled my eyes and created salty track down my cheeks. When my roommates tried to talk to me I kept my eyes closed pretending I was asleep when I really heard everything they said. They only talked about Cedric which made my throat constrict like a snake wrapping around its prey and my stomach turned to a point where I thought I might get sick. Eventually they all faded off to sleep and I was left in silence till the early hours of the day.

The girls were still asleep when I slipped out of the room and the common room was deserted. Looking out the window a red sky was only just visible pushing back the dark clouds that seem to have covered the sky last night. I took a shower so I could relax my tired body at least a bit and in that time I was able to think things over. I would wait till the summer to continue my search for my mother so I could take my time to grieve Cedric. I would do it alone if I had too, I wouldn’t rest until I found her.

                After my shower the school still seemed pretty empty and I assumed everyone had been tired after a long, late and emotional night. I ran into teary eyed Lavender, who informed me that Seamus was waiting for me in the Great Hall; I thanked her then made my slowly to where Seamus was waiting. I tried to avoid people sad and sympathetic gazes, but it was a hopeless situation.

                “Warren.” He heard my name being called from a deserted corridor, I eyed the hallway suspiciously. “Just come down here Warren.” For some reason I listened to the mysterious voice. I went a couple steps down the hall and saw Malfoy sitting in on a window sill, I scowled.