CHAPTER 7

Packs of Concern

James Kristoff Aquino's Point of View

I saw Kylee making her way down the stairs. I thought kung saan siya pupunta? She looks thrilled though. I shrug and continue looking for interesting things here in the club. This maybe is not the crowded club I've been it's really comfy and fun. The Lim's really can make this an asset. 

"Hindi mo susundan?" Tanong sakin ni Josh na umiinom ng vodka habang nakatingin sakin.

"Nah, She must just take the rest room." I shrug and continue to take my whisky.

Author's Note: This guys really do know how to drink but I don't encourage them to do so. Haha

"Nope. I guess she's going to make a scene or worst she will make herself in trouble" sabi ni josh habang hawak yung baso nya paikot ikot.

I can't really get what he wants to say so I remain silent. He continue his thoughts running and I kept on listening. Give and take I thought.

"Do you see that girl?" He points someone. "The one with red dress and her hair messily bun?" I nod.

"What about her?" Tanong ko.

"She's not a fair princess in Jenine's eyes." He paused focused and deadly. "That girl actually steal something from Jenine. The throne that only Jenine can seat yet stolen." 

"What do you mean? Are you talking about the Club Queen?" Magulo, sobra.

"No. There's no thing more important than that girl have. Jenine never give a damn in the title. She only wants want that girl have." Patuloy siya sa pagmamasid sa papalapit na Jenine sa babeng tinutukoy ni Josh.

"That girl named, Kassandra. She was the girlfriend of Dayne and he's Jenine's ex." I kept my jaw hanging. That girl stole her boyfriend?

It actually hit me. I almost laugh at my realization. I really don't know her enough. It is the first time I heard that she has an ex. Who am I kidding? I became her friend just this past few months not for lifetime! She's really something special but..

"You like her, don't you?" He looked at me just like he knew that for the longest time he know me. 

"Why would you say so?" I denied. Trying so hard to hide.

"A question will never answer another question, dude!" He laughed."Just admit it. It shows, really"

"This might sound corny but I think, I do. This maybe looks fast enough but I'm so full of her. She's simply admiring." Damn I sounded gay. 

"I know." He smile "I know that feeling. We've been together since childhood. She's really adorable and clingy. I actually like her before." It sounded wrong tho.

"Don't worry ,bro!" He raised his both hands in sign defeated. "She's just a sister to me now!" He laughed and I smirked. 

"Akala ko dadagdag ka pa eh." Tumawa ko and we ended up talking. 

Nagkakatuan ang mga tao when I remembered something. I know she will not bring an extra so it's really a relief na I got her sister's number. I dialed the number right away and talk to her. I instructed her what to bring and where we will meet once she get here. 

Everything seemed to be normal. I suddenly saw couple of people discussing things in he lounge. They actually have laptops and some camera. I actually saw photos too. Nakakapagtaka. Wait where'e Kylee by the way? I found her talking to Josh, dad. Mr. Lim seemed to be delighted to Jenine's presence while I saw that Kassandra girl meters away from her still talking to some group of teens too. She must be popular too. 

I scan the area and saw Aly, Korvin and Lin enjoying themselves in the pool table. Josh in the other hand is looking at the whole place just like what I'm doing. My phone vibrated and it was her. 

From: Jam Cortez

Kuyang Pogi! I have everything set. I will text you when I'm out of the house. 

I smiled and hit the reply. 

To: Jam Cortez

Thanks tons, Jam! ;)

Nakaupo ako listening to the music pero parang hindi. Mas malakas pa ang boses ni Aly at Korvin sa pag-aaway sa harapan ng pool table. Lin just laughed at their arguments. They could passed in kindergarten if they'll enroll right away. Para kasing mga bata ang mga loko na ito! I can't help but to see that what if they'll end up together? Parang pwedeng gumuho ang mundo kapag nangyari 'yun. Sa dalas nilang mag-away baka kung sakaling maging sila ay oras na oras ay nagbabangayan sila. Their hopeless. 

"Hay, cheater!" Umirap si Aly and kontikan pang ipukpok yung tako kay Korvin. 

"Tingnan mo mananakit pa!" Angal ni Korvin. Umiling ako. 

I heard my phone ringing and it's Jam. 

"Hello?" I put my phone in loud speaker it's too loud here. 

"Hello? Kuya! I'm here in front of Lights!" He giggled and I smiled. 

"Alright! Wait me there." I ended the call and make my way out of the club. 

Nakita ko ang isang nakaparadang puting Honda Civic sa labas at nakaopen ang window sa likouran. Jam's texting someone I think. I tap the door of the car and she smiled brightly at me. 

"Kuya!" Inabot niya sa akin yung pink na paper bag. 

"Eto na oh! Buti na lang gising pa ako!" She clapped her hands and smiled. 

"Thanks talaga, Jam. Inaalala ko lang kasi yung ate mo. She's careless sometimes you know." She nod and agreed to my statement.

"No, problem. I know you're just concern." 

She waved her goodbye as the car zoomed out of my sight. I was on my way up of the VIP Room when I heard something break. I automatically looked for someone and she is, soaked in wine. The girl named Kassandra is also soaked though she actually looked she's taking a bath using the wine. I see frustrations and anger to that girl while Kylee's still prim and proper maintaining her control about herself. I went my way up and didn't bother. Alam ko namang kaya niya. Ang naka-agaw lang ng pansin ko is her hand into fist shaking. She actually have her demons on control, too.

She's too control about herself and emotions and I wonder how far can she keep that?

What will happen if her demons make it way out of the control. I'm curious, really.

And I thought..

I'm a bit concern.