CHAPTER 10

Her Partner

James Kristoff's Point of View

OH! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!

Parang kasasabi ko lang na ayoko ng mga ganito! Lintek naman oh! Bakit naman kasali ako? Badtrip naman!

Okay may mga bagay kasi tayo na masusubukan for the first time in our life. Just like me there are series of things I never have done before.

1. Is joining this kind of sh*t contest.

2. Is to face a goddamn sea of people and perform.

Shit! I'm doomed! 

I still have my jaw drop while realizing things up. Damn! We are both stunned. Halos walang gustong umimik sa amin. It was awkward, damn awkward. I tried to speak but no words can escape my mouth. I was about to say something when the screen flashes our photo together. It was me walking by her side and she was smiling. It was a common photo but I never thought that it could hit us both. We look good together not that I'm lifting my chair dude! It was really the truth. No biased judgement crossed my heart! 

"It was really us." I can't help but to mutter.

"Ahm." She looked at the photo. "Oo nga." And she blew an air.

"Ang malas naman natin." I smiled and she just stare at me. 

"We could just go out, Kylee." I'll try to escape with her. "I mean.." but she cut me. 

"Ah! No! No.." She waved her both hands. "Ano..It's just.." 

"Kung ayaw mong sumali d'yan it's fine. Ayoko din naman na sumali sa mga ganyan. This contest is not my thing.." I try to reason out but she just shake her heads.

"You know what, Kris?" She inhaled sharply. "Dati hindi din ako sumasali sa mga ganyan. Sino ba naman kasi ang matutuwang humarap sa ibang tao at isugal ang kahihiyan na mayroon ka sa katawan?"

"Exactly! That's what I tried to point out kas-" I was taken a back by her stares. Dapat nga pala siya yung nagsasalita! Why do I even act like I demand to explain my side?

"Sorry." I said and she smiled. 

"Until I realize that it's not that bad at all. I mean I tried something new that day. I done something that I've never that before and that feels cool." She reason out. I just listen to her. 

"It was like I have done something that changed my boring life that continues to roll everyday with nothing but same routines. Parang dati na I always fall down with the same person again. Yung Jenine na walang ibang tinatanggap ng option o choices. She will just stick on the same, no buts and why kasi sanay siya na it was just what she had never thought that she have choices." She smiled bitterly. 

"That was me then.." Umiling siya. "But that Jenine is gone. I should try new things on my own.." 

"I should not be caged on the past and start to live my life." She hold my hand.

"Can you do it with me?" She cheerfully asked. 

"Can you be my partner?" And I was actually out of words. She start to think of that new things she could do and should create new memories to avoid the dark fractal of memories she had ago.