chapter 10

I’m so sorry it’s kind of short, I’m just sooo tired ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose

I woke up with my head on Cristiano’s shoulders. We had gotten back from Mesut’s house last night and decided to watch TV. We ended up talking, and I guess we fell asleep on the couch. His hand was around my shoulders, I tried to lift it without waking him, but damn he was heavy. I ended up waking him up anyway.

“Oh, sorry,” he mumbled as he saw I was struggling. He stretched, and I couldn’t help staring at his arms. Wow.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“Around 7. I’ll take you to your new apartment and help you move in, but I have to meet the team around lunch time, we have a game tomorrow and they wanted to discuss tactics.”

“Cris, I can catch a cab.”

He gave me a look that said shut up. “Go get your stuff.”

I sighed and went upstairs. I gave my face a quick wash and grabbed my duffel bag which was so stuffed the zipper was stuck, and took one last look around the guest bedroom, making sure I hadn’t missed anything. When I got back downstairs Cristiano handed me a coffee.

“Ready to go?” Cris asked.

I nodded, and we walked towards his massive garage.

“Audi today?” He smiled, throwing my bag in the back of his Audi R8.

Wow.

My new apartment was pretty small, but I didn’t mind. All I needed was a room and a bathroom. We were outside the apartment waiting for my co-worker to answer the door. When she finally opened the door, she froze.

“Hey Val, thanks for letting me live with you, I really appreciate it.” I smiled at her and gave her a hug.

“No problem.” She whispered.

“Val, are you okay?” I held her at arm’s length by her shoulders.

“Am I staring at Cristiano Ronaldo in front of me right now?” She asked me, not taking her eyes off Cris.

I grinned, trying to suppress my laughter. “Oh, yeah. Cristiano, this is Valerie, my new roommate. Valerie, this is Cristiano.”

Cristiano smiled and shook her hand, which seemed to snap her out of her shock. She let us in and showed me my new room. It wasn’t huge, but it wasn’t tiny either. I took my bag from Cris and dumped it on the bed, which was already made. This apartment was impeccably clean and organized; it was refreshing after living with Mark the slob for so long.

Cristiano, Val and I talked for a while, before Cristiano told us he had to go meet the team. I gave him a hug goodbye, and he was gone.

I was really on my own after so long.

Cristiano

I was driving to the Valdebebas training ground to meet Mourinho and the rest of the team. Over the past few days Rose and I had made such a connection, I felt like I’d known her for years. She was beautiful, smart, kind and strong.

I needed to get myself together before Irina came home. Housekeeping was coming today, so I didn’t have to worry about the house being a mess. The past few days with Rose had been fun, she was so different from Irina. But now Irina was coming back in two days, and I knew she would be jealous. I could only see Rose through Mesut now.

I arrived at Valdebebas a little late, when I walked onto the ground the rest of the team was already there discussing tactics. I walked up to the rest of the attacking players, trying to catch up on what I’d missed. We talked for a while before Mesut dragged me away.

“Hey, do you by any chance have Rose’s number? I was thinking of asking her to dinner tonight.”

“Really? You liked her that much?” I was surprised.

“Yeah, she’s gorgeous Cris.”

“I actually don’t have her number.” I had let this woman stay in my house for almost a week, but I forgot to get her number. What was wrong with me? “But I was going to drop by her apartment later today, do you want to come?”

“Oh.” Mesut’s face lit up. “Yeah, sure.”

“Alright, I’ll text you her address.” I said, walking back to join Karim and Gonzalo.

Mesut

On the way to Rose’s apartment, I got her a little apartment warming gift. I had no idea what a girl would want, so I just got her a scented candle. I hoped she liked it.

What was wrong with me? I was nervous, I wasn’t myself around her. I was usually confident, but she made me second guess everything. I hadn’t been nervous around girls since I was in school back in Germany.

When I reached her house, I took a deep breath and told myself to calm down, then knocked on her door. Cristiano was already here, I saw his car in the parking lot.

“Mesut, hey, come in.” She gave me a quick smile, and then sat me down next to Cris in front of the TV. “Have you eaten?”

“Yeah,” I said.

“Aw that’s too bad, I made pasta and there are leftovers.”

“I got you a little apartment warming present.”

She took the candle and laughed. “Mesut, how’d you know this was my favourite scent?”

I shrugged. “Lucky guess.”

“So, you guys ready for the game tomorrow?” Rose asked, sitting down next to me.

“Yeah, we can’t afford to lose any more points tomorrow.” I said.

Cristiano nodded. “Don’t worry Rose, we got this.”

She laughed. “Well, good luck.”

“Do you want to come? I can get tickets for you and your roommate.” Cristiano told her.

“Really? That’d be awesome!” She exclaimed. Damn, I should have thought of that.

“Yeah, I’ll drop them off tomorrow.” Cris said.

We spent the rest of the night just talking and watching TV, before Cris said he should probably get going because we had to be well rested for tomorrow. She got up and gave him a quick hug, and then he was gone.

“I should probably get going too,” I said, getting up.

“Alright, it was nice hanging out with you tonight, Mesut.” She smiled up at me. I never realised how short she was until she was standing right in front of me. I began walking towards the front door, but then turned back around.  

“Do you want to get dinner with me Monday night?” I blurted out.

She looked at me for a few seconds, and then smiled. “Sure.”

“Great. I’ll pick you up at seven?”

She nodded, then handed me her phone. “Give me your number.”

I grinned, putting my number in her phone then handing it back.

“Great, I’ll text you mine.”

“Awesome, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said, stepping out of her apartment. When I reached my car I checked my phone. She had texted me a smiley face.

I smiled to myself as I got into my Ferrari. I had a date with Rose!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE ! 

COMMENT !

THANKS !

-Gaby!xx