chapter 20

Mesut

I woke up with Rose’s hair strewn all over my arm. I smiled and tightened my arms around her, she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. She was flawless, perfection. I had never felt love like this before. She had me, and I would never let her get away.

“Hey,” she groaned, yawning and stretching as she got up.

“Morning sleepy,”

“How long have you been awake and staring at me creeper?” she smiled.

“Probably five seconds. Maybe six.”

She leaned up and kissed me. “I need to go home. Val’s probably worried.”

I nodded. “Let me make you breakfast first?”

“Mhm.” 

I got out of bed and she reached out at me with her hands, wanting me to her help her get up. I laughed and picked her up, throwing her over my shoulder. She screamed and smacked the back of my shoulder and I put her down. She was laughing and I smiled at her. I took her downstairs and was about to make some coffee when my doorbell rang.

“Hey Mes,” I heard as I opened the door, then I was ambushed by a hug.

“Caroline? What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to surprise you. We haven’t hung out in like forever, seriously, I feel like I don’t even know you anymore.” She said as she pushed past me into my house, walking straight to the kitchen, dragging her luggage with her.

“Mesut, who is this?” Caroline said, pointing at Rose and looking at her like she was disposable.

“Rose. My girlfriend.”

“You have a girlfriend now?” She looked at me with her eyebrows raised.

“Mesut?” Rose said, looking at me confused. 

Right. “Rose, this is Caroline. She’s my friend from Germany, I’ve known her for pretty much my entire life.”

“Yeah, we know everything about each other.” Caroline said. “Where should I put my stuff?”

“You’re staying here?” Rose asked Caroline.

“Of course, where else would I stay?” Caroline smirked, then walked upstairs with her luggage.

I sighed, going to sit next to Rose. I could tell she was uncomfortable, Caroline always came off as strong and possessive with me. She had never liked any of my girlfriends and I was sure she would feel the same way about Rose. 

“I hope you don’t mind,” I said. “I’ve known Caroline since before I can remember, she’s always been strong and demanding. Do you mind if she stays here?”

“I can deal with it. She’s your best friend?”

“She’s the only person I still keep in touch with from my childhood.”

Rose nodded, picking at her toast. I brushed her hair out of her face and kissed her cheek. I heard an ew behind me. Caroline was back. She grabbed some food and sat down opposite of us.

“God I’m starving,” she managed to get out, her mouth stuffed with toast. “Rose, do you mind going home? I haven’t seen Mesut in forever and I just want to catch up with him, you know?”

“Caroline!” I couldn’t believe she was being so rude. This was a new low, even for her. “She’s staying as long as she wants.”

Caroline rolled her eyes and just continued to eat. Rose actually wanted to go home now though, so I lead her to my car, glaring at Caroline as we walked out. She didn’t have to like Rose, but she had to at least be civile and polite to her.