chapter 12

Mesut

I woke up to the sound of my phone, groaning I answered it.

“Hey, it’s Cris,” I heard. I grunted, trying to sit up. “Sorry, did I wake you up?”

“Mhm,” I mumbled.

“Listen, I know you have your date with Rose tonight. Irina came home last night and she really wants to meet her.”

I sighed. “Cris, she wants a double date, doesn’t she?”

“Yeah. You know how she is, she won’t let it go.”

“Cristiano, it’s my first date with Rose. Can’t she wait?”

“No, I’m really sorry man. Please, can we join you guys?”

I sighed. I kind of owed him; if it wasn’t for Cris I wouldn’t have met Rose. “Alright, just let me ask her.”

“Thanks, I really appreciate it.”

Rose

I was at work when I got a call from Mesut. Apparently Irina wanted to join our date. I didn’t like it, but I told him I was okay with it. Today was my first day back at work after my break; I worked the Chanel makeup counter. I had always enjoyed making other people feel beautiful, and doing makeup was fun. I knew I was smart enough to get a really good job, and I had the qualifications, but I just wanted a year off to relax.

The day went by slowly, I was nervous about the date with Mesut. I had no idea what to wear, I had a few dresses that were good options but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go sexy and show some skin, or go with something a bit more conservative for the first date. All he had told me was that we were going somewhere fancy enough that I should wear something semi-formal. What did semi-formal even mean? I shouldn’t go all out, but I couldn’t wear jeans?

When my shift eventually ended, I rushed home to get ready. I had about an hour, so I took a shower, curled my hair and put on my makeup as quickly as I could. I was always the girl that took ages to get ready, I couldn’t help that, I was a perfectionist. For my dress, I eventually settled on a black dress that had lace around the neckline, and was tight at the top but became looser around my waist. It wasn’t too crazy, but hopefully I wouldn’t feel underdressed either. I put on my black, sparkly pumps, which hopefully wouldn’t make taller than Mesut, and went to show Val.

“Wow, you look great!” Valerie said as I walked into her room.

I smiled, “Thanks. Hopefully he likes it.” I heard the door bell ring. “That’s probably him.”

I went to go answer the door, and I was right. Mesut was standing in my doorway, looking pretty damn gorgeous.

“Hey, wow, you look beautiful.” He said, giving me a quick hug. I wasn’t taller than him in my heels, thank god.

“Thanks,” I stepped outside, closing the door behind me. “So where are we going?”

He took my hand, “Some restaurant Irina picked out. Listen, I’m sorry about the whole double date thing, I kind of owe Cris and Irina really wanted to meet you.”

“It’s alright,” We were at his car. “Wow. The infamous Mesut Özil Ferrari.”

He laughed and held open the door for me. “Get in,”

I obliged. I had been in a Lamborghini, a Ferrari and an Audi in a week. How could I even think about being sad? The ride to the restaurant wasn’t long, and Mesut and I made small talk on the way.