Innocent ignorance

"Athena I want five laps now!" Hollered Sofie angrily.

"Aunt Sof, why do you have to be so sensitive? I mean, is Maggie not hitting it right? Or do you have something stuck up there?!" Athena exclaimed angrily.

She was training with her cousins, and maybe had made a small comment about her Aunts foul mood, and now she was being force to run laps... Again.

Life at New Age was boring for Athena. She had grown up training and training.. and oh god more training. Sure they had gone to the surface for family vacations, but her mothers were always intense when they left the comfort of New Age. She was seventeen, and wanted to explore the world. The war was long over, so why do they need to keep them locked down there?

Athena wanted to be normal. She wanted to go out and party like she saw kids do on the tv shows she watched. She wanted to be a full girl, and she most definitely didn't want to be frigging silver. She tried not resenting her mother Lauren for passing down this annoying defect, but it got hard when everyone saw her as half man, half woman. She was a little annoyed her parents hadn't allowed her to do reconstruction surgery, and the hurt look on her mothers face when she asked, was something Athena would never forget. She didn't want her mother to think that she was ashamed of her, because she sure as hell wasn't. This body just wasn't what Athena wanted for herself.

Her mom Camila, told her she was disappointed that she would take the easy way out, and that she thought her condition was something she could just get rid of. That if Lauren had done what she wanted years ago like Athena, SHE wouldn't be here. After that, Athena never brought it up again. She was brought back to reality by her Aunt Sofie throwing her hands up and screaming,"Mila You deal with your child!"

Sofie stomped away, as Maggie's cousin sniggered.

"You shouldn't give my mom such a hard time Thea." Chastised Megan smirking.

Megan was Maggie and Sofie's daughter, and the youngest in the group, had a lot of Maggie's fire, and Sofie's youthful carelessness.

"Yeah, Aunt Sofie is just doing what our moms want her to do. Plus she's our Guardian." added Krista defending their aunt.

Krista was Normani and Dinah's child, and was the second youngest in the group at fifteen. She was darker than Dinah, but lighter than Normani. Inheriting Dinah's height, she towered over all the girls, yet had the cuddliness of Dinah as a giant teddy bear. At least that was what Normani told her child. Krista had yet to see much cuteness come from her mother.

"Your being stupid again Athena. I'm all for messing with Sofie, but you know she may just decide to get even and call your mom." Gina grunted angrily.

Gina was the second oldest, having Demi and Ally as her mothers, and was usually up for any pranking or annoying their Guardian, but lately she noticed all of their mothers look more stressed then normal. Not happy with Athena at the moment, she openly glared at her best friend, causing her to flinch.

Gina was beautiful, she had Demi's height, being Demi's birth daughter, and Demi's red hair and pale skin. She may have had Demi's sassiness, and bad ass streak, but she also had Ally's compassion and motherly nature when it came to her group of friends.

"So she calls mom, so what? She'll laugh a bit and cut training short." Athena defended shrugging, not noticing her friends give her nervous glances.

"Or she'll call the mother that will actually punish you, and make you run laps till you can't move." Lauren said, glaring behind her daughter with her arms crossed.

Athena whirled around, and flinched at the cold look in Lauren's eyes.

"Mom.." Athena started weakly.