Parents have insecurities too

The large group walked fifteen miles, as the flyers scouted the surrounding area's. They reached a town in Oklahoma about a hundred miles outsides Oklahoma city, and fell into a routine they thought had been long forgotten. The group huddled outside a gas station as Lauren started to give orders.

"Okay. Me, Demi and Maggie are going to get us transportation, the rest of you are guarding the kids and staying Low. I want Ally to find high ground, and signal Dinah if there any problems. Sofie stay with the kids, the rest of you spread out a bit and keep watch. We'll be back soon." Lauren ordered the group, receiving nods.

"How come they're the ones getting the cars?" asked Athena curiously.

"Because your mothers have the most experience boosting cars, or threatening people to sell them." Normani answered chuckling.

"Boost means stolen right?" Krista asked worried.

Lauren and Demi chuckled smirking, as Maggie at least looked embarrassed.

"Sofie here can answer your questions when we come back with the cars. For now stay alert, and stay quiet. Talk to no one. Got it?" asked Lauren staring at her daughter pointedly.

The four teens nodded, and stayed quite as their mothers left them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two hours later, they saw their mothers running towards them laughing.

"Whats so funny?" asked Athena panicking.

"Your mother's have a ridiculous sense of humor." Camila told the teens with a smile, as Ally Landed next to her giggling.

They heard a honk, and saw two bikes leading a large motor home into the gas station.

Lauren and Demi took off their helmets with a proud smile, as the other adults chuckled.

Throwing her hands up scowling, Normani exclaimed,"I suppose I'm driving that tank while you guys have the awesome Bikes!"

Lauren innocently shrugged her shoulders and said,"We have a large family. A SUV or van wouldn't have worked."

"Girl you be lying, I know you secretly wanted Mani to drive that ridiculous thing." Dinah responded chuckling.

Lauren threw Normani the keys with a smirk, as Mani caught them scowling at her. "Well, hop in. We got like forty miles to go." Lauren added grinning.

Mani stomped towards the RV as her friends followed giggling. The teens smiled and followed her, confused at the inside joke.

"How come Mom has to drive the RV if she doesn't want to?" whispered Megan to her mom Dinah.

"Your mom has the most experience driving cars when were traveling in a group. Demi and Lauren work better as a team on bikes, so your mom drives with them really well. She keeps her cool, and can usually get us out of some scrapes totally fine." Dinah answered quietly.

Megan nodded, realizing she never really knew that much about what their parents could do outside of the training room. They never paid attention to their stories, because they couldn't understand the meaning behind them. Now though, now they would listen, because they were finally realizing how ignorant they let themselves become.

--------------------------------------------------------

Demi and Lauren rode ahead of the Rv the same way they had done seventeen years ago, and the teens in the RV bombarded their mothers with questions.

"Is this why mom taught me how to ride a bike?" asked Athena curiously.

"Yes. There may come a time, where you need to protect people and it's easier to do if you have the freedom a bike gives you. During our training before the war, we all had to learn. That's why she forced you to practice on the balance beams since your childhood. The power over your balance on land or on wheels will help you use your powers while operating anything. It takes focus, and the ability to be completely confident in your abilities." Camila answered cooking the things they managed to buy at the gas station.