A spark of hope

3 months later................

"Why the hell isn't her blood working!" Shouted Maya in a furious rage.

"I don't understand it... her blood was able to affect Ariana, and managed to make her daughter. It should work. Unless there was something special about Ariana's blood that made it accept the change without problems...." One of the doctors answered nervously.

"Are you telling me that we struck a deal, giving the enemy time to oppose us, when the initial plan we had may NOT WORK!" Screamed Maya shoving a table full of equiptment crashing to the floor.

The scientist and doctor glanced at each other nervously, afraid to say something that would result in death. Realization came to the doctor, making them all stare at him for an answer.

"Her condition has worsen dramatically since her capure, thats unusual. Ariana was she completely normal when you first encountered her at the academy?" asked the doctor urgently.

Ariana who was leaning against the wall of the lab, watching the interrogation with little interest, said,"Yes. She was her normal powerful self, why?"

"It's possible that the result of her deterrioration has nothing to do with the seperation of her soul mate, but something she did to herself knowing she would surrender. She may have injected a viral agent into her body, weakening it so that we couldn't use her as a weapon, or make more soldiers like Ariana." The doctor theorized anxiously.

Maya who was about to scream in anger, halted as her own realization flashed into her mind, making her tremble with anger.

Turning to Ariana who had her own look of surprise on her face, whispered,"Come with me."

Both women marched out of the lab, enough anger radiating from them to scare off anyone into even making eye contact with them. Within minutes they entered Lauren's cell, where a shell of the former leader lay crumpled from the previous days experiments and torture. Raquel who sat across from her with a solemn expression, jerked up as they slammed the door open and recoiled from the look of rage in her leaders eyes.

Maya grabbed Lauren, jerking her up, shaking her awake.

"What can I do for you Maya?" croaked Lauren hoarsely.

"You knew. You knew what we had planned, and injected yourself with some kind of fucking poision that wouldn't allow us to replicate the cells in your body!?" Maya shouted slamming Lauren against the cell wall.

Lauren smiled faintly.

"Did you really think I would give myself up, me the worlds greatest weapon, to the enemy and not make sure you would never be able to use me against my family? I thought you were smart Maya. You can do whatever you want to me, because I know I'll never see my family again. I knew when I asked Emily Miller to find a way for me to die. So it doesn't matter if you slit my throat now or later, I only had six months to live either way. Do whatever you want to me, I already said my goodbyes and made peace with my fate. You have nothing." Lauren croaked laughing.

"There has to be an antidote! They would never inject you with something that could kill you, without making sure there was something to save you if given the chance!" Screamed Maya striking Lauren hard across the face.

Lauren slid down the wall chuckling as blood leaked from her mouth.

"The only way to save me is from the blood of my sister inlaw, and you'll never find her. You think New age is the only safe haven we have? There are many, and only two people know their locations, me and my Guardian. You'll never find them in time. Without her blood, nothing you do will save me. So enjoy Ariana while you can, because she's the only super soldier you will ever have. Even with me gone, there is still my daughter. She will lead my family when the time comes, and she will destroy you. She's already reached her maturity, and with the experience her mother and Aunts have, you have no chance. You shouldn't have struck that deal Ariana. You served your own death sentence. So kill me if you want, my line will live on regardless." Lauren spat tiredly.