Revenge

Raquel slipped into the compound, relieved that no one had missed her presence. She made jokes with other guards as she passed, and boasting about the lovely time she had with the pathetic human man she had accidently crush as she rode him into the ground. Inside she was disgusted with the words that flew out of her mouth, but Camila and Demi had both agreed she would need to fit in better and gain their trust to make this all more safe for her and Lauren. They told her to release her inner cocky, and pretend to agree with Maya's antics. It would help them all in the long run.

Raquel passed by Ariana on the way to Laurens cell, and bit back the disgust and anger she felt wanting to surface and smirked asking,"So how did she handle her new brand of fun time? Didn't kill her did you? Doubt she's any more good to us dead."

Ariana's eyes lit up in approval, and grinned devilishly before fake pouting as she said,"Oh she's alive, barely. Maya wont let me have fun for a few days since the bitch cant heal. She doesn't want her dead yet unless we have either a cure or the base locations."

"So she held out?" Raquel asked with fake surprise.

Jaw clenched, Ariana nodded in annoyance.

"She's hard to break, but we'll see in our next round how much she can really take. I doubt she'll hold out next time." Ariana spat with an evil glint in her eyes.

Raquel shrugged indifferently, replying, "Well I'll go see if I can clean her up and treat what I can. The faster  she is good enough, sooner you get another crack at her."

Ariana slapped Raquels shoulders roughly, nodding in approval.

"Thats what I'm talking about! I knew you had some spine in you after all! You just needed the right motivation, and what better motivation than the bitch that killed your dad? Maya will be happy. Maybe I can ask her if you can be in on the next session? Maybe getting a crack on this bitch will be good for you!" Ariana grinned enthusiastically.

Raquel smiled, nodding in agreement.

After some casual talk, Ariana sped off to tell her aunt the good news of her neice finally joining the darkside, and Raquel slipped into Lauren's cell silently.

What she saw made her almost want to cry and vomit at the same time.

Lauren's body held burns and cuts that marred the majority of her skin. The blood on her was dried and matted in her clothes and hair, making her almost unrecognizable. If it wan't for the slow rise of her chest, Raquel would assume she was dead.

Worried she would die, Raquel set to work on gently cleaning her skin and body, applying burn cream on her body, and stitching and cleaning the worst of the cuts. It took hours for Lauren to regain consciousness, and when she did, she couldn't form words only grunts and moans of pain.

Once Raquel had done what she could, she braced Lauren against the wall as carefully as she could, before going and getting her hot broth with cracker crumbled in it. She needed to give Lauren some pain medication to sooth her agony, and hopefully help the inflamations spread around her body.

Once it was cool enough, Raquel fed her slowly, whispering words of encouragment, while also giving her small sips of water.

Lauren still couldn't talk, not having enough energy to form words, but the look in her eyes told Raquel she was begging for information on her mission.

"I met your daughter. She looks just like you. She's as strong as you said, and you can be proud that these few months have made her the leader she needs to be. Your family misses you, but your wife misses you more. She wanted me to tell you that she loves you so very much, and that she understands now, and that she will see you again very soon." Raquel whispered so only Lauren could hear her.