Angry words and pleading eyes

Every one in the Cafeteria froze, and watched in shock as Camila had smacked Lauren angrily, as tears filled her eyes.

"What have you done?!" shouted Camila in anger.

Lauren didn't flinch, or look at her wife as she answered, "I did what I had to. Now we have other things to worry about, so instead of worrying which sacrifice I made this time, worry about the hurt and scared kids in this school."

Camila felt her daughters strong clasp around her fisted hand, as Athena whispered,"Mom, calm down. We'll know soon enough, but mom's right, these hurt people come first."

Camila breathed in slowly, and nodded, turning her back on her wife, and made her way towards her concerned friends without another word.

Lauren turned towards her people, and ordered,"Gather up the wounded. Well have Sofie heal what she can, and search the buildings. Lets move quickly, we have a lot to discuss."

Everyone gave her worried nods and smiles, and rushed off to do what was asked of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------

They had gathered everyone in the underground facility that Lauren had built for her family, and the teens loved that it resembled New Age. They felt right at home. Lauren had made her own Communications room there, which is where they had gathered after hours of helping the students of the school get situated.

The large group sat at huge round table, as Lauren stood off to the side, silently waiting for the questions to start.

Dinah quietly took in Lauren's tense shoulders, and asked the question on everyone's minds. "Lo, what did you say to make her retreat?"

Lauren closed her eyes and sighed out in exhaustion. Opening her sad eyes, she turned around and faced her family's worried eyes and said,"I made a deal with her. If she retreated and gave me time with my family, I would consider going to her willingly."

While others shouted in outrage, Demi stayed quiet, staring at Lauren skeptically.

"Like hell you are! If you've forgotten your my WIFE not that bitch's sex toy!" raged Camila flipping her chair out from under her.

"I have my reasons for the deal." Lauren said looking into her wifes eyes.

"Oh reasons! You had reasons? Was one of them consulting your WIFE before you made a decision that affects us as a family! Did you even think of me?! Or where you so bent on being a marytr that you forgot about your FAMILY!" Shouted Camila infuriated.

Lauren's eyes lit in anger, and her body started to sizzle with electricity, showing her rage as she faced off with her wife.

"Yes, I thought of my family. That is why I made the deal I did. If you would give me a chance, I will explain my reasons for doing so. But if you keep testing me Camila, you will understand what it really means to live without me, because I am tired of your constant anger towards me. I have enough on my plate without dealing with your constant mood swings. I don't need it, nor do I want it. You are supposed to be my soul mate. Someone who helps me in my time of need, but lately all you are is blinded by anger when it comes to me. I have done nothing but what I always have, YOU are the one that decided that it wasn't enough anymore. So if you have any love for me at all, you'll shut up and let me explain why I did what I did." Lauren said staring into Camila's hurt eyes.

Camila looked at Lauren as if she had shot her through the heart, and nodded weakly as she fixed her chair, and sat down quietly.

"Lo, I understand your frustration, but you shouldn't have said that." Normani said angrily, as Dinah nodded with a glare.