Words hurt

Addison was late. Never in her school career had she ever been late, but her obnoxious roommate had made so much noise talking to her boyfriend late that night, sleep had been an impossibility.

Rushing into her psychology class panting, Addison quickly apologized to the professor for waking up late, and was let into the class with a look of understanding. She was usually early, so the teacher knew something must have prevented her from sleep, and knowing Addison's obnoxious roommate herself, she had a suspicion it was due to her chatter box personality.

Addison was the type of person that had layers.  When she was younger, she had a innocent and lively view of the world. It quickly changed as she got older. It was difficult because she wanted to be normal, but that was something that would never, and will never happen. So she accepted it, like she did everything else. After realizing that every move she made was watched and criticized because of who her mother was, she had changed herself drastically. There wasn't anything she loved in this world more than she loved her mothers and brother, and knew she would do anything for them. So she played the good girl, and maybe a part of her truly was a good girl, but she knew deep down, she was much more than that. She had a fire inside of her, and she yearned to free herself of the binds that held her. She knew it would never really happen, so she played the role that was needed, and made her family proud.

She made her way to her seat, sitting down with a sigh, and began to take her note book out, ready to copy a absurd amount of notes as usual.

She wasn't like other celeb's or politicians children, living through their families fame and wealth to get ahead in the world, or grab attention. She was a picture perfect daughter, never giving anyone anything to question. She wore conservative clothing fit a college student, and didn't attend parties she knew were publicized. She didn't have many friends, mainly because she couldn't allow herself to truly trust someone not to sell her out to the papers. The only time she had ever had real friends, was when she visited New Age and played with The Fives kids.

She had summered there for years, but when her mother needed help with her Ambassadorship, she had no choice but to tag along, and make her mother proud. But she missed them. She missed the freedom of New Age, and the fact that she could just be herself. She hadn't seen them since she was sixteen, and only saw Lauren through video chat once in a while for holidays.

Her Brother Max stopped going to New Age to follow her and their mothers around the world, and had missed it dearly as well. He was a bit of a loner, and often only was himself around the women in his family. He was built small and slim, but where he lacked in bronze he had in spades in intellect. He was a smart kid like Addison, and always had his head in a book, trying to learn all there was to know. He was fascinated by elementals, and hoped to help his mother keep the peace one day. Addison loved her brother, but wished he would be a little less of a sweet heart sometimes. She wanted him to laugh and smile like he used to, but she could tell he didn't actually like the people around him. Both of them had more maturity in their pinkies than any of these kids had in their entire bodies.

Noticing that she had dosed off, she focused on her notes, and suddenly felt eyes on her. Looking up from her papers, she turned subtly towards the back, and saw at least ten new people in the large room dressed in black glaring at her. Chills ran up her spine, and she suddenly had a suspicion they were here for her.

Remembering the long self defense and tactical classes Lauren and her mother insisted for her to have, she shot her brother a text trying to see if she was the only person getting this kind of attention. A part of her hoped that she was just paranoid, and being 8 Am, she deeply hoped it was the lack of sleep.

A: Hey there are some weird people dressed in black staring at me. You got any in your class?

M: Yeah they keep staring. What should we do?