surprise experiments

Lauren touched down in the training field outside and nodded to the guards surounding the school. They had decided last week that it couldn't hurt to train outside for some of their training since Ariana was expecting them to anyway.

She nodded tiredly towards Demi as she trained multiple elementals in all kinds of weaponry, along with their elemental powers. Powers could only go so far, and they needed to be prepared for anything.

She made her way through the ranks as they trained, nodding when appropriate, and correcting them when needed. She passed Ally's group with a faint smile, and gave Dinah and Normani a small wave.

When her eyes locked on her wife's, she saw Camila's eyes linger, giving her a look of yearning. Lauren smiled apologetically, before leaving the field, heading towards the underground facility.

She needed to check on everything, but couldn't help making a stop in the training room where Sofie had their girls training with their groups.

When she entered, her eyes locked on her daughter who was training her team with guns as they shot targets.

She leaned against the wall, watching and listening to her lecture her team after one asked why they needed to learn to shoot when they had powers.

"When your in a fight, you need every advantage you have at your disposal. If your a water user, and theirs no water around you, what do you do? If your an air user and you've got people attacking with guns and swords, are you a hundred percent sure you can out fly them? Training to be ready for anything is the only way to survive. You may find it pointless, but when twenty elementals descend on you, and all you have is powers like them, you will thank us for training you to have some kind of advantage. Now focus, and clear your mind. When you fire you wont have much time to make a decision, because hesitating could cost you your life. Your instincts are important, and you need to learn to trust them. It's something even I am still learning, but from years of watching my mother, I know without them, and confidence in your abilities, will make all the difference." Athena lectured, helping Alex Correct her stance with a smile.

Lauren's eyes watered, and a burst of pride filled her as she watched her daughter become the leader she always knew she would be.

Sofie walked next to her sister in-law, seeing the emotions in her eyes, and grabbed her hand in support.

"She's doing so well. You should be proud. They are maturing and improving faster than ever before. Athena's powers are maturing steadily, as well as her mind. She's even grown two inches since last we checked." Sofie whispered proudly.

"But not soon enough for the two month deadline right?" asked Lauren sadly.

Sofie shook her head and said,"No. Your plan... As much as I hate it, I agree with its design. We need more time. I think two months after the deadline will be enough. But we have an advantage."

Lauren looked at Sofie eagerly and asked,"Whats that?"

"It seems Athena's maturity, along with the bonds the girls now share with themselves and their guardians has speeded up their maturing. Gina is growing stronger, and is showing some Guardian mental traits along with her air elements. Krista's main element is fire, but is showing more water components. Megan is showing fire and some healing components. It seems having the five blood in them is making them evolve their powers. Never before have we had elementals with more than one gift besides you and Athena." Sofie whispered excitedly.

Lauren's mind raced at the possibilities and asked,"Does Emily and Marissa have their blood for testing?"

Sfoie nodded curiously before asking,"Yeah why?"