Traps and Prayers

The teens boarded the jet with their bags solemnly. There was a some excitement for attending a school full of kids like them, but there was also trepidation at being around knew people. There was also a surprisingly amount of sadness at leaving the place that had been their home all their lives.

The four teens waited in their seats for their mothers, and were shocked at what they saw boarding the plane. Each of them were wearing different colored uniforms advertising their elements, and were carrying weapons galore.

Strapped to their sides and thighs were guns and ammo, and on their backs black fighting staffs.

"Why are you guys so heavily armed?" asked Athena confused.

The adults shook their heads, and entered the jet.

"We're armed, because as the Five, there will always be people out there wanting to kill us. Elemental and human. Being prepared is something you will learn. We didn't teach you weapon training because we were bored. We taught you because as our children and a elemental, it was necessary." Camila explained, sighing as she headed towards the cock pit of the jet.

The jet had four seats in the cock pit, and the rest were in the cargo bay.

Lauren started pushing the controls of the jet, as Camila and Demi followed her. Ally who was also sitting with them, started speaking to the elementals policing the skies, making sure they knew their presence was expected.

The teens watched their mothers wear serious expressions, as each were focused on their task, and suddenly braced themselves as the lift started towards the surface.

They watched as the ground opened up, and clear blue skies spread above them. The lift stopped, and the jet hit the runway, and soon they were in the air.

"Lo, Kansas air users are not getting back to me." Ally shot towards Lauren worriedly.

Lauren looked at Demi, seeing her Guardian look apprehensive.

"I'll take over for you. It's better if you check it out, take Ally with you. I don't want to take the chance of something happening while we fly overhead." Demi said looking at Lauren.

Lauren unfastened her seat belt, and stood up as Demi took her place. Walking over to her wife, she kissed Camila gently. Just as Ally did the same to Demi.

Cupping her wife's face, Camila whispered,"Stay safe, and come back to me."

Nodding, Lauren kissed Camila's forehead, walking away.

She reached Normani, and was handed and ear piece that also held a Camera inside, much like they had used in the past.

"Sofie and Normani take over for us. Maggie, Dinah and Maddie, keep alert, and ready for anything." Lauren ordered sternly.

Lauren sent her daughter a small smile as her and Ally made their way towards the back of the jet.

"Ready?" shouted Demi.

"Hit it!" shouted Ally and Lauren.

Camila opened the jet doors, and Lauren and Ally flew out at top speed. The doors closed quickly, and Normani started typing on a computer in her seat behind Camila. Seconds later a screen appeared, letting the passengers on the jet able to see the flying elementals surroundings.

"Whats going on? Where did mom go?" Gina asked worried.

"If the air user stationed at their posts are not communicating with the towers, then that means they can't. Lo and your mom went to check it out." Dinah answered, eyes not breaking contact with the screen.