Chapter 15: A Turn Of Events

Volio and I walked through the hallway and into the lunch hall.

We made our way into the back kitchen to find the refrigerator busted open.

Looks like Noir was telling the truth...

I looked at Volio.

"Hey... do you think Noir can be the murderer?"
Volio looked at the refrigerator.

"As sad as it is... yes. Though, I doubt it. Her double is unstable so she could have killed the employees... but the glaring problem is she probably couldn't set this up. How could she? She would have been in panic and not cover anything up... but the slight chance she could have thought this through is still there. Regardless, we have better be careful, alright?"

I nodded.

"You have a point. Alright."

We looked through the kitchen and found a small grill in the back of the room in a supply closet.

"Looks like this should work."

I picked up the small grill in my hands and started to walk out of the kitchen alongside Volio.

Volio grabbed a few sacks of potatoes from the open refrigerator.

"We can't leave these to waste, can we?"

I smiled.

"No. Well, at least we will have a proper meal. It's been a while... even if it's only been a few days."

The door leading to the hallway opened at the end of the room.

Noir and Allison walked out from behind it and greeted us.

Allison stretched his arms.

"Hey."

Volio stared at Allison strangely.

"So, what you need Allison?"
Allison's face grew serious, yet remained calm at the same time.

"I came to get the cooking equipment so you three could go search the place for more information. If I remember correctly there is a file room that we passed while looking for Felipe that should be somewhere close..."

This is a bit odd...

"Alright, so you will take back the stuff? You sure you don't need help?"
Allison shook his head.

"No... I'll be alright. Just be careful, alright?"

Huh?

"What do you mean?"

Volio narrowed his eyes at Allison.

"Is there something wrong...?"
Allison slightly looked away.

"Well... yes... Katori isn't acting like her usual self this morning... and she left out somewhere not that long ago. Regardless I doubt that it's anything but my own imagination... anyway just go on ahead. We'l have some food ready for when you return."

I nodded.

"Alright."

I handed Allison the mini grill and Volio gave him the sack of potatoes.

So... Katori is acting strangely. That's a little worrisome.

Allison nodded his head in appreciation and left through the doors.

After a few minutes of waiting I looked at Volio.

"So... what do you think?"
Volio closed his eyes.

"I don't know... but we had better go to that file room before something happens. Besides, maybe it will shed some light on our predicament."

I nodded.