Chapter 22

Dark's POV

" What? " I asked the maiden confused." Take me instead, " she repeats, planting her feet firmly to the ground." You would be willing to take his place? " She looks down at the man that's supposedly her brother, clearly thinking if this is a good idea. She looked back up at me with fierce eyes and determination." If I stay, will you let him go? " I thought about it for a second. I would have to let the trespasser go, but she was willing to take his place. This could be interesting." Yes, but you must promise to stay here. Forever. " The girls brother grabbed her ankle trying to stop her." No..." He said with a raspy voice that was barely audible from where I was standing." Please... Belle...Don't do this..." The girl ignored him, jerking her ankle away and stepping towards me." You have my word. "" Done. Clogsworth! " Clogsworth steps out, shaking and trembling." Yes, my lord? "" Get the old man out of the prison. We don't want this girl's efforts to be wasted if her brother can't get home safely. "" Yes, sir. " Clogsworth runs to the prison to set the old man that was captured out of the cell.

Your POV

Your feelings are running wild. You felt relieved that Mark/ Jonathan would get home safely and was relieved that he was okay, but also scared about the deal you just made. Forever? You don't have time for that. You need to get out of here. Clogsworth/ Wade runs back down the stairs with a familiar face that you could never forget. The man who's taken care of you your whole childhood. The man who was there when you would fall. The man who's sperm literally made you." Belle? "" Dad? "