Chapter 26

Dark's POV

I paced up and down the  dining room. What's taking so long? Is she going to stay in her room instead? What if something happened? Maybe she's hurt. Mrs. Pots tried to calm me down, being more successful than Jacque." Would you stop fucking pacing?! You're giving me a headache! "" Jacque, be more thoughtful. This is the first time in a while someone new has lived in the castle. "" I'm not sure about this. What if she hates me? " Jacque suddenly starts laughing hysterically." Now you're worried about that?! Oh man, that's just glorious! " Mrs. Pots glares at him, making him stop." Well, sure, you two didn't start off that great, but you can always prove to her that you're a nice person. "" Look at me! I'd be lucky if she could tolerate me. "" Oh you just don't quite get it do you? Help her see past that. Let her know that you're really a gentle person. "" I don't know how. "" We're fucked! " Jack yells in defeat. Clogsworth runs in." Shut up you morons! She's coming! "" I'll start the tea! " Mrs. Pots chimes." I'll make the candle light all romantic and sexy. " And sure enough, in just about a minute, Belle walked in. She was beautiful." Hello, " she greeted kindly. I looked at her dumbfounded for a few painfully awkward seconds until I got a grip on myself." Hi. Why don't you have a seat? " I pulled out a chair for her." Thank you. " She sits down in the chair and smiles at me. Why is she being so nice to me? Maybe she found a change of heart. No. Not that fast. I walk to the other end of the table and sit down in my chair. It was kind of unsettling that we didn't talk for most of the meal." Uhm... You know, if you want to look around the castle, Clogsworth would be more than happy to give a tour. "" That sounds wonderful. "" Okay, what is up with you?! " Belle looks at me confused." What do you mean? "" You didn't want to be in a ten mile radius of me and now you're acting like we've been best friends since kindergarten! "" Well, I'm stuck here. Might as well make the best of it. "" Oh...." I don't know why, but I kind of sank in my seat. I guess because I wanted her to be polite cause she liked me. Maybe..... One day." Are you okay? " Belle asked." Oh...uh...Don't worry. I'm fine. " We finished eating when Clogsworth walks up to Belle." If you'd want to my lady, would you like to go ahead and take a tour of the castle? "" Sure. Lead the way. " I watched her walk out the dining hall, kind of admiring her positive personality, considering the circumstances." Well, well, well. Falling for a prisoner are you? " Jacque said, nudging me with his shoulder." Oh, shut up already and clean off the table. "