Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - EDITED (x2)

TS-19 : S1 E6

Part : 2

|Haley|

Carl, Carol, Sophia,and I were in the rec room, Carl and Sophia playing checkers while me and Carol were reading books.

"Any good books?" Lori asked, coming in.

"Uh-huh." Carol said closing her book and smiled at Lori. "Enough to keep us busy for years. All right. Come on, kids, it's bed time."

Carol's statement caused Sophia, Carl and I to groan, getting up with sadness. I couldn't deny that my eyes were closing, though.

"Baby, go say your prayers. I'm gonna browse a bit." Lori told Carl, who nodded and walked to the door.

Everyone except Lori exited to the hall, heading towards the designated rooms. I was put with Shane, as his room would be the most available. I knocked, and scrunched my brows as a highly intoxicated Shane Walsh answered the door.

"Go easy on the alcohol, cowboy." I muttered as I walked towards one of the sofas.

"Don't tell me what to do." He slurred back, but it was nearly impossible to make out his words.

I turned to look at him, "Are you okay?"

 His eyes twitched before he chugged the remains of the drink, and threw the empty bottle at me.

"What the hell, Shane!" I screamed as the bottle hit the wall behind me, shattering. "What's your problem? Are you ins[h]ane?"

I quickly got off the sofa, and bolted to the door. I slammed it shut behind me as I ran to Jacqui's room. She would be the most available out of everyone else staying on their own.

I took in a deep breath, and exhaled as I closed my eyes. Don't go near drunk people again. Noted.

I knocked, and waited before Jacqui opened the door. "Can I room with you?" I asked as tears clouded my eyes.

"Sweetie, of course." She smiled, ushering me in. "What happened?" She asked after she closed the door. I could tell she was sleeping before I had knocked, a sense of guilt set inside my gut.

"Shane. He got drunk and-- he threw the freaking bottle at me. "

"Are you okay?" Jacqui asked checking my arms.

I nodded and sniffed. "Can I sleep? I'm tired."

Jacqui nodded before putting a blanket over me, kissing my forehead and turning off the lights. I closed my eyes trying to sleep. It took a few toss and turns, before sleep came.

~

Next Morning

"Hello." Rick greeted as he entered the room.

"Morning." Dale answered, as I just smiled.

"Are you hungover? Mom said you'd be." Carl asked, looking at his father. 

Rick sighed. "Mom is right." 

"Mom has that annoying habit." Lori joked, smiling at her husband. They pecked each others lips, before sitting together.