Chapter 23

Chapter 23- EDITED
Secrets : S2 E6
Part : 3

|Haley|

"MOM! NO!" I cried.

I tried to reach out for her, but my dad was pulling me. He was crying too, I mean, it was his wife getting eaten alive. The things flooded the store we were staying in, and my dad broke down the backdoor, as the screams of my mother fell silent.

I cried even more, as walkers were all around us now. My dad's hand lost grip of mine, as he stared into my eyes and said one thing. "I'm sorry." And with that he ran out the backdoor, not taking me with him. There was a sound coming, and I knew, that he had locked the door. My father had left me alone in a room with the infected.

My eyes flew open, and I cursed for falling asleep. I was crying in my sleep, which would explain my red eyes and tear stained cheeks.

I looked out the window and saw something weird. There was someone that didn't look like someone from our group, but it was hard to tell, do to them standing to me with their backs. I turned my head sideways, wondering if Maggie and Glenn had found a new survivor on their run.

I got up and went down the stairs. The house was awfully quiet.

I went out to the porch, but saw that the person had moved. They were now between the barn and the camp. I started to walk over to them, slipping through the camp. Dale and the others seemed to be watching me curiously, but I payed them no mind.

I was now closer to the person then ever, and I gasped as the lady turned around.

"M-mom?" I asked. She was standing there, her curly chestnut hair blowing in the wind. She wore white skinny jeans, and a white V-Neck shirt, and she seemed to have a glow to her.

Her bright blue eyes were brighter than ever, and she smiled her motherly smile. Her warming smile, that I missed so much.

I got more tears in my eyes as I slowly walked towards her, and she nodded, opening her arms wide. "Mommy!" I cried as I ran to her, hugging her.

Her arms embraced me, and reality hit me like a horde of walkers. "Y-you're not r-real." I cried. "Y-you! You're dead! You-you're not supposed to be here!" I screamed shoving her. She looked at me sadly before moving closer to me. She embraced me again, as I tried to lean against her, but fell to the ground. I looked back up, but she was gone.

"I'm scared, mommy. So, so scared."

[apologies for short chapter, I just wanted this chapter to be about her mother!]