Chapter 28

Chapter 28
Nebraska : S2 E8
Part : 2

|Haley|

"Nick, you're not okay! Stop lying to us!"

"I am! I just got a cold."

"You know that man was one of those things! The infected people from the news! You're not okay! Nick, please, I'm begging you, please be honest."

Nick stared into my eyes for a little while. "I'm infected."

"No, you aren't. We're not sure how this thing works--"

"I'm having the symptoms, Hal. You wanted me to be honest, and that's the truth."

"Hey, Nick. We're gonna talk to the owners of the store over there, maybe camp out. You can come, but I think it would be best if you got some fresh air." Mom smiled. I was happy she hadn't heard the whole conversation.

"Okay--" Nick coughed. "Thanks Mrs.Grin."

My mother smiled before walking into the store.

"I'm here, don't worry." I smiled at my overly pale best friend.

Nick smiled at me, but coughed. "Can you bring me a blanket, please?"

I quickly nodded. "Sure. Anything!"

I rushed inside the store, and saw my mother sitting on the ground. "Where's Nick?"

"He's still outside. Do you know where the blanket is?"

"Uh, your dad had it." She said.

"Where is he?"

"He's looking for someone, at the back. We can't find anyo--"

"Thanks, mommy!" I said kissing her cheek, before going to the back of the store. "Dad?"

I heard growling and moaning as my dad burst through an aisle. He had his shirt covered in blood, and the snarling died down.

"D-dad?"

He looked at me with wide eyes. I looked behind him to see blood pooling.

"Is that--is that blood?!"

"Calm down, swee--"

I ran forward and out the store. "Nick, I think my dad just murdered some--"

I looked around, but Nick was nowhere to be found. Nick was gone. "Nick?!"

I must've zoned out, because Annette, Shawn and Sophia was now buried. Glenn had somehow managed to convince me to come, but I had blanked since the start.

"I don't think I can do this, Glenn." I whispered. "I want to go..."

"Just a little more, Haley."

Seconds later, everyone left. I liked the silence. I turned around with Glenn, and I looked towards the house. But 11 feet away from me stood someone who was all too familiar. Nick.