Chapter 37

Chapter 37

18 Miles Out : S2 E10

Part : 4

SONG : Battlefield - Jordin Sparks

|Haley|

Me and Daryl had gotten back, and I had fallen on the couch in an instant. My clothes were still damp with blood, and smelled horrible.

Maggie had told me about the decision Beth had made, and though it broke my heart, I was happy that she wanted to live. I wasn't allowed to visit her, Hershel was stitching her arm.

I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. Why was life so unfair? Everyone will slip away at one point. I reminded myself. Even me.

_•_•_•_
Judge, Jury, Executioner : S2 E11
Part : 1
_•_•_•_

|3rd Person|

Haley found it quite scary, the new fact she had accepted. Everyone could slip away, at any moment. Maybe it's quietand peaceful, or maybe its filled with screams of torture and painful. And there was only three possibilities. Insanity, Death, or the Dead.

She thought that two men in particular had lost their minds. Daryl, and Shane. Once the two grown-ups she had gotten closest to. She had decided Daryl was holding onto the last few threads of sanity at the forest, when he had almost caused her death, and Shane, well, nearly since they'd come here. The difference between the two was probably that Daryl had a rope of humanity to grab onto, whilst Shane had a string. Haley had hope she could thicken Shane's humanity.

But what really made them crazy arseholes to Haley was when they took innocent, poor, Randall to the shed to torture him. Daryl was in there now, doing god knows what. He's doing it for the group. Haley repeated.

"So, what you gonna do?" Lori asked pouring hot water in a cup. "We'd all feel better if we knew the plan."

"Is there a plan?" asked Andrea, walking to the other side of Haley.

"We gonna keep him here?" Glenn asked from Haley's left.

"We'll know soon enough." Rick answered, Haley listening as footsteps approached. Haley knew it was Daryl, so she kept her head low.

"Boy there's got a gang. 30 men." Daryl said coming to a halt. "They have heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead. And our women, they're gonna -- they're gonna wish they were."

Haley knew she was a kid, and it sickened her to know what Daryl was talking about at this age. And if the men did roll through and try to do what Daryl was talking about to her, she'd gladly take her own life.

"What did you do?" Carol asked glancing at his hands, and Haley looked slightly up to see. His knuckles were covered in blood, which made Haley want to hide in a corner.

"Had a little chat."

"Your hands don't speak 'little chat'" Haley scoffed.

"No one goes near this guy." Rick ordered.

"Rick, what are you gonna do?" Lori asked instantly, concern laced in her voice.