Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - EDITED (x2)

What Lies Ahead : S2 E1

Part : 3

|Haley|

"Carl, be careful!" I scold the reckless boy as he held a leather case, pulling it from a (possibly alive) dead walkers arms. "Here let me help--"

I yelp, jumping back as the body fell on top of Carl. I ran to him and pulled the corpse off. "Oh my god, Carl, are you okay?"

"Fine." He said dusting himself off. He grinned excitedly before waving the case in front of me. "C'mon." He said, sprinting to where Shane was repairing one of our cars.

"Shane." Carl called out, dropping the black case on the floor beside him. 

"Haley. Carl, what happened?" Lori asked worriedly, rushing next to us to see what's going on.

"Mom, we found something cool." Lori sighed in relief, before rolling her eyes at her son for worrying her. " Shane, check it out. It's an arsenal."

"That's cool, bud. Go give 'em to Dale." Shane didn't bother looking up from the car, seemingly subtly trying to avoid us.

"Check this one out. Whoa, it's a hatchet."

"Be careful. Don't play with those." Lori warned but Carl kept slowly swinging it around.

"They're really sharp." I commented, jumping back to avoid being hit. "Carl!"

"Sorry." 

"What did I just say?" Lori snapped, putting a hand on Carl's shoulder.

"Can I keep one?" Carl asked, ignoring all comments from before.

"Carl, if she's not letting you hold one right now, I doubt she'd let you keep one." I rolled my eyes, glancing at the arsenal on the ground. My eyes widen at the machete, and I take it out the case. "This looks cool, can I keep one?"

"Are you kids crazy? No way." Lori shook her head vigorously, grabbing both our weapons.

"Shane, tell her to let us keep one." Carl said, finally getting Shane to look up. I just gave him my best puppy look, tilting my head to be more convincing.

"Hey, man, go give them all to Dale now. Go." Shane scolded us, and I slowly turned to look at Carl, watching his reaction. His face morphed into heartbreak, to anger, to confusion, then back to heartbreak.

I angrily turned to Shane. "What the hell? Shane, we need these weapons."

"Haley." He snapped, dropping the screwdriver he was using to fix the car. "Don't argue with me. Go."

"If we die, our blood will be on your hands."

--

"Oh God, they're back."

My hands started to shake as I waited for Sophia to be following Rick and Daryl, the three of them coming out the woods. There were two men, and my friend was not in sight.