Chapter 31

Chapter 31
Triggerfinger : S2 E9
Part : 2

|Haley|

I don't know what was happening, but the world was spinning.

"A-a baby." I managed to choke out before I stumbled and fell on the ground, my eyes shut.

"Darling, me and your father have something...important to say." Mom sat me down.

I sat down, with a bag of chips in my hand. "So?" I asked crunching on the Doritos.

"I don't know how we're supposed to tell this, so I'm just gonna spit it out. We're having a baby."

The crunching stopped and I was frozen.

I cleared my throat and nervously chuckled. "I-I heard you wrong. Can you-um- repeat?"

"You're having a little sister...or brother!" Mom said like it was the best thing in the world, clapping her hands.

"So-so-so there's like-like going to be another...me? Like a-a mini me?! You're having a baby?!"

|3rd Person|

"Why didn't you tell me?" Carl asked his mother hurt.

"A-a baby." Thud.

Everyone turned around, and Carl saw that it was Haley. He bent down next to her, shaking her. "Haley. Haley, wakeup."

Maggie and Andrea bent down next to Carl to help him, but it was no use. She wasn't waking up.

"Come on, let's make sure you're alright." Dale said, leading Lori.

Shane walked over to Haley and picked her up, taking her into the same room as Beth. She laid her down and left.

Maggie, rubs a wet rag over Haley, trying to wake her up.

In the living room, Andrea and Dale attend Lori, and Carl sits next to her.

"Thank you." Lori tells Andrea who gives her ice. Andrea nods, and sits down. "Hey." Lori whispers to Carl, getting his attention. "I am so sorry, that I left without telling you.

"It's okay. I wasn't scared. When's dad getting back?"

"Let's hope soon."

"I wanna be there when you tell him about the baby."

"Oh love, he already knows." Lori said rubbing Carl's back. "We were just trying to find the right time to tell you."

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"Well, we won't know that until it's born."

"Will I be able to feel it?"

"Not for a while."

Carl nodded and smiled.

"You must have a lot of questions, huh?" Lori turned towards Andrea and Dale. "We never..had the-talk. Must be we forgot."

Carl looked expectantly at Dale. "Don't look at me, that's your father's job."

"If the baby's a girl, can we name her Sophia?"

Everyone was silent, and Shane entered.

"Hey, dude. Hey, I'm sorry, bud. I thought you knew."

"Big brother, Carl." Carl said tipping his hat. "Pretty cool, huh?" He said laughing and everyone chuckled.

"I say that's very cool." Shane laughed.

"How's Haley?"

"You can check on her, while I talk to your mom for a sec."

Carl looked down, not wanting to leave his mother.

"How about you talk after she's got some rest?" Andrea asked.

Shane sighed. "Lori, I had to get you back here. You wouldn't have come otherwise." No one spoke, so Shane came closer. "How about you--how about you just hear me out, please? It's okay."

"Okay, you can go check on Haley." Lori whispered to Carl. Carl nodded and quickly left the room. After him, Dale and Andrea left too, and Lori and Shane were left alone.

|Haley|

"Haley! Haley!" I heard calling behind me.

"Oh, hey, Peter!" I smiled. "Your class-it's the other way."

"Did you watch the videos?"

"Videos? Look, Pete, I have to get to math, but we can talk about it at lunch?"

"But–" Peter started but looked at the expression on Haley. "yeah, sure." I hugged him and turned around, leaving for math.

Someone bumped into me, and I scrunched my nose. "Look where you're going, idiot. Are you blind?"

The girl- Tina/Trina or something- stuttered, rushing to pick her book up from the floor. She lifted her glasses back up on her nose, and stuttered through her braced mouth. "I-I'm so sorry, Haley. It-it won't happen again."

"It better won't." I hissed and entered the class. "Even, Oscar will be smarter than you." I told girl.

Oscar. Oscar. Oscar.

Oscar.

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing...blue?

"Cool, your awake."

I nodded. "How long?"

"Half an hour, fifteen minutes maybe? You were muttering Oscar. Who's that? I thought your boyfriend was," a disgusted look crossed Carl's face. "Peter?" He spat out as if the name was poison on his lips.

I sighed. "Everything's going to get worse."

"That doesn't really answer my question."

"I'm not ready... I will be, soon. Just, not now. Where's Maggie?"

"She left a few minutes ago."

I groaned.

"What's wrong?"

"My legs hurt. I want to walk."

"Well, when someones legs hurt, they usually sit dow--"

"Usually."

He helped me get up, and put and arm around me.

"Thanks." I smiled, and looked into his eyes. He smiled back, and my stomach fluttered.

Don't think about it. Haley thought. Don't.