Chapter 13

Chapter 13- EDITED

Save The Last One : S2 E3

Part : 3

|Haley|

"Okay get that corner of the bed, let's get the sheets down." Hershel ordered as he held onto a corner of the sheets.

I pushed the metal operation table in front of the bed so I could be a little help.

"Get the I.V. bag on the sheet." Hershel ordered Rick. "Okay, on three. One...two...three!"

They lifted the sheets up with Carl on it and I watched sadly from the corner. Carl's head laid limp and he looked (or maybe even was) dead.

"Rick, Lori. You might want to step out." Hershel said. I was half-way out the door when I heard an engine.

I dashed out to the patio to see the truck.

"Shane!" I cried and leapt into his arms, forgiving him for coming in time.

"Carl?"

"There's still a chance." Rick said joining our side.

"Otis?" Hershel asked as I pulled away.

"No." Shane whispered, looking down with sadness.

"We say nothing to Patricia. Not till after. I need her." Hershel said and rushed back inside.

I went next to Maggie who was in tears and hugged her.

"They kept blocking us at every turn." Shane whispered. "We had nothing left. We were down to 10 rounds. Then he said-- he said he'd cover me. And that I should keep going, so that's what I did. I just... I kept going. But I-- I looked back and he-- I tried."

"He wanted to make it right." Rick told Shane.

Truth? I was happy. Otis had shot Carl, so I wasn't going to cry, grieve. I wasn't going to be angry at the world. Though I was worried for Patricia.

I hugged Maggie tighter as she wrapped her arms around me as well, shaking with sobs.

-

"He seems to have stabilized." Hershel said coming outside.

Rick and Lori smiled widely and I ran up to Hershel and hugged him.

"Thank you!" I grinned, tears pinching the back of my eyes.

'He's safe. Carl is safe and okay.'

"I don't have words." Lori cried, covering her mouth with her hand.

"I don't either. Wish I did." Hershel said. "How do I tell Patricia about Otis?"

"Lori, take Haley with you and go to Carl. I'll go with Hershel." Rick told us.

Me and Lori walked into the house and I saw Rick and Hershel helping a crying Patricia to a chair. Lori put her hand over her mouth, a habit she has.

We entered Carl's room and I took my place next to him on the bed. Lori started sobbing and held Carl's hand, and she kissed it. The Door opened and Shane came in.

He looked, guilty.

For what though?

"Stay." I heard Lori say after a minute, and I closed my eyes, and drifted off. I was happy.

Happy that Carl was fine.

[apologies for short chapter]
[AGAIN ayhxbsiqk]