Chapter 32

[January 6,2017 I'm reading through the chapters and this chapter was published exactly a year ago how inactive was I?!]

Chapter 32
Triggerfinger : S2 E9
Part : 3

|Haley|

Lori held my hand, and we exited the house. The red car was pulling up, and I knew that they were back.

Carl let go of Lori's hand and ran to his father who just exited the car. "Dad!"

You're sad. You're sad, because your father never came back. The same voice from yesterday rang.

Carl hugged him, and Rick came forward to Lori. I let go of her hand, and walked towards T-Dog. Rick kissed Lori, and they had a Grimes Family Moment.

Hershel and Glenn exited the car too, and Maggie started running. "You're okay!" She said, and Hershel held out his arms, but she ran around him, and ran to Glenn, hugging him instead.

I frowned, because Glenn didn't hug back, and walked, leaving her standing.

"Patricia, prepare the shed for surgery." Hershel said, walking up the porch steps.

"Are you hurt?" Lori asked Rick, pulling away.

"No, but what happened to you?"

Lori looked down. "I was in a car accident."

"Accident? How?"

"I went- looking for you."

"Snuck out on her own. Brought her back." Shane said.

Shane wants Lori all for himself, doesn't he? He's selfish, spoiled, rotten, evil and a murderer.

No different from me.

"Are you crazy?! You could've--"

"Who the hell is that?" T-Dog asked from beside me, pointing towards the car.

Everyone looked at the car, and Glenn answered. "That's Randall."

I moved closer to the car, to see a boy. A kid, no bigger then 19. He had a red cloth over his eyes, and his head was thrown back.

I heard footsteps behind me, and saw that it was the group, coming too, wanting to check on him.

-

"We couldn't just leave him behind." Rick said at the 'meeting'. "He would've bled out. If he lived that long."

"It's gotten bad in town." Glenn said quietly. Maggie looked worried, but Glenn looked away. What has gotten into him?

"What do we do with him?" Andrea asked.

"He's no different than us. He can join us--" I started to say, but Hershel entered.

"I repaired his calf muscle as best I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage. Won't be on his feet for at least a week."

"When he is, we give him a canteen, take him out to the main road, send him on his way."

"What? No!" I said.

"Isn't that the same for leaving him for the walkers?" Andrea asked.

"He'll have a fighting chance." Rick said.

"Just gonna let him go?" Shane asked too. I glared at him.

"No." I said sternly. "He's a kid. He is no different than me, or Carl." I snapped, slamming my palm on the table.

How can they even think that?

"He knows where we are." Shane snapped back.

"He was blindfolded the whole way here, he's not a threat." Rick agreed with me.

"Thank you, Rick. At least someone has some commonsense."

"Not a threat? How many of them were there?" Shane asked. "You killed three of their men, you took one hostage, but they just ain't gonna come looking?"

"They left him for dead. No one, is looking!" Rick said, raising his voice a bit.

"We should still post a guard." T-Dog said from where he was sitting.

"He's out cold right now, will be for hours." Hershel informed us.

"You know what? I'm gonna get him some flowers and candy." Shane said, and he looked pretty serious, so technically I bursted out laughing.

"Grab me some stale M&M's!"

Shane scoffed and went towards the exit. "Look at this folks! We're back in Fantasy Land!"

"Wait...so he isn't getting the M&M's?" I asked, sad. I wanted M&M's.

Carl looked at me like I was crazy, so I whispered in his ear. "Will you help me find M&M's?"

"If you share." He chuckled.

"You know, we haven't even dealt with what you did to my barn yet! Let me make this perfectly clear, once and for all-- this is my farm. Now I wanted you gone. Rick talked me out of it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. So do us both a favor-- keep your mouth shut." The old man said angrily.

"I wonder if he needs some ice for the burn?" I whispered at Carl.

Shane stared at Hershel for a bit, before leaving through the front door, leaving it open.

"We're not gonna do anything about it today. Let's just cool off." Rick said.

Everyone met up with their family, and for a second I looked around. I looked around for my mother...even my father. But I remembered..they're not here. They left me.