ofure's beginning

A/N: warning! These chapters were written some years back, they aren't edited and as such are riddled with errors. Please bear with me, and try to piece everything together. I hope you enjoy your read. Kisses.

'na waaahhhh oooooo, this sun is hot o'. I thought out loud

I had been standing at cashwell road waiting for a taxi for about 20 minutes and the sun was scorching. I opened my handbag to remove one of my light books to fan myself, it was still too thick and I wasnt feeling the breeze. So I just tore the cover out 'ahhhhhh' much better! okay, probably would regret that later when Mr ade walks round and starts giving me a lecture about how mature students should always be prim n proper and blah blah blah.

I was so lost in thought that i didnt acknowledge a loud horn blaring at me until I heard

"fine girl,excuse me"

I brought my attention to the person so I could yab hell out of him, I mean who uses such dry pickup lines!....

And then I saw him, well I saw his car first before I saw him; but I saw him nonetheless.

chocolate milk skin, long arms I could just tell he was tall, and boy... was I sucker for tall men! He had chocolate lips lined black at the edges,I mean if u ask me id go for pink but this would do just fine and that shirt... chai! the iron lines could slice a human finger off; sky blue, cufflinks and all.

"are you talking to me?"

Girls and forming enhhhh! like say I no know say na me before.

"yes you, why are you under the sun, its scorchi..."

He paused for a moment,smiled and continued.

"It doesn't feel right for me to be in the car while you're under the sun, come in so we could talk better"

I wanted to rush in o! but my inner '9ja gal' no gree me, ah! ah! I gats form small for this nigga na.

"no am sorry but umm! I think I can handle a little sun thank you, besides I dunno you"

"come on" he said with a smile 'I don't bite" I scoffed.

"yeah right! thats what they say just before they bite you"

He burst out laughing, i couldnt help but join him, he had an infectious laugh. 

"are you sure you dont want to come in. The ac is on o! and from the beads of sweat on your forehead I can tell this is an offer you cant refuse"

This guy was something else! the sassiness, I liked him already. So with a smile of defeat, i got into the car and he put up the glass and switched on the A.c. I had to close my eyes because the feeling was the bomb.

" so I didn't get your name?"

He asked, I smiled; eyes still closed as I turned my face to him and opened them.

"that's because I didn't give it"

"okay" he said he said eyes fixed on the road as he started the ignition.

"whats your name miss?"

"Ofure, yours?"

"Ifeanyi" I nodded.

So where to? he asked.

"huh?"

"I asked where you were headed before I picked you up".

" oh home".

"ok...... where's home?"

"Do u wanna take me?"

" I wouldnt ask if I didn't want to duh!"

I hit his right arm playfully, an action I regretted because na wah o! over familiarity!. But he just smiled thus easing the awkwardness of the situation.

"brewville heights".

"ok, he relplied, you would have to direct me".

Along the way we talked about everything, from jobs to schools to tribes and all... I found out he was from Imo state, went to LASU(Lagos state university), is an engineer and he found out I was benin, currently attending university of benin, reading theatre arts. we talked some more and laughed a lot more. I loved his company, but I was waiting for him to ask for my number, for wherrreeeeeee!.

We got to my house and I dropped. this guy had not still asked for my number na wah o and trust 9ja babe na I no fit fall my hand ask am for him own.

" okay na bye bye" I said hoping he would ask.

"Alright take care" he replied, started his car and drove off.

I stood there, mouth ajar for what seemed like hours but in reality was only ten seconds. Then I just turned and knocked on my gate and I kept thinking to myself, chai! so na so this Big fish take pass me by.

First chapter guysssss. hope you enjoyed it. If your Canadian,Australian,american or even English now u get to see the world through a nigerians eyes. pls encourage me by voting and leaving your comments, I'd be encouraged to write more.

p.s. if you don't understand anything especially the pidgin English, yeah! it's kinda like English but it's not. if you don't understand it, just let me know in the comment section and I'd explain it all to you. Thank u soooo much for yout support.