fighting temptations

I nearly had a heart attack, i do t know if it was from the surprise or the excitement.

"you already said hi".

"yeah, well... I'm starting over,  it didn't go well the first time". He said opening his arms again for a hug.

"what is this? No, I'm not going to hug you, forget it". He came close and enveloped me in his arms, and i melted like warm butter. He put his face in my hair and sniffed, thank God it was clean. I had washed and made them into cornrows the previous day so i could wear my wigs.

"you smell so good" he said, i wanted to say the same thing but i wasn't ready to let my guard down yet. I didn't reciprocate the hug. After a few minutes he let me go and we just stared at each other for what seemed like years.

"what do you want ifeanyi" i said caving, because if i kept looking into his eyes, my hands and lips would have roamed where they shouldn't thread.

"come away with me" he said licking those gorgeous lips.

"what"?

"come away with me". He repeated slowly.

"are you joking" i asked in disbelief.

"I'm not, let's leave the country".

"you mean like... elope?". I asked; looking at him like a crazy person.

"no, i mean like take sometime to figure this thing out, ofure i cannot stop thinking about you. Jesus! It's like you were magneted to my brain, i have tried but i cannot pull you off". I was weak, this was so out of the blue. I'm not a spontaneous person, at least  i haven't been for a while.

"i can't.. "

"why?"

"i don't have a valid passport".

"we'll get one"

"my school work"

"you'll catch up when we come back"

"okay, my èpà then. He is old, i can't leave him".

"it's seems like you are just looking for any excuse not to go".

"well maybe i am"

"why would you do that"

"because ifeanyi, it's a stupid plan. We can't just up and leave the country together. I don't even know your middle name, do you know mine. Name one thing i like?"

"kissing me..". He said smirking. My legs, they were giving away but i couldn't let them.

"well if this is a joke to you, i guess im just going to leave then". I tried to walk away but he pulled me back.

"ofure, you are not a joke to me. In fact this is serious, i have a primal need for you. I close my eyes and i can still taste your lips, i see your beautiful almond shaped eyes looking up at me like an innocent deer, the feel of your soft, smooth skin on my hands.. And the way you smell, like coconut, olives and a new baby. I don't even get it"... He laughed a bit and continued.. "ofure I don't pursue this, pursue you. I know I'd live to regret it". I don't know where i got the strength to talk because i was a mess under my clothes.

"i can't leave the country with you it's too far from èpà".

"fine! My friend is opening his villa on Sunday. I'm honoruing it anyway, so let's go there, just soak in the sun, in each other..." he said with a sly smile.

"where is the villa". I asked, shocked that i was even considering this crazy idea.

"outskirts of town, it's just a fourty minutes drive. If there is an emergency, you can easily come back".