consequences 2

I awoke to the most beautiful sunrise I had ever seen. It was like a bright ray of light. Was i in heaven?  Impossible!  Could God let a sinner like me into His holy place?. Well i did say that prayer, so maybe he forgave me. I sat up and stretched, then my eyes began to get accustomed to my environment. I was in a room, and the light was coming from the window, where the curtains were drawn to the side. Something about the room brought me peace. It was cool, the beddings were soft and they caressed my skin with such grace. I stepped out of bed. I didn't know where I was and part of me was freaking out. But the other was seemingly at peace because somehow I knew, that no harm will come to me here.

There was a mirror on the dressing table and I walked to it.  Stood by it and took a good look at myself. There were red bruises on my face, my thighs and hands. You see,  my skin was fair and ridiculously tender, even a playful slap could leave a mark. I and omoye got it from our mother. She a was fair skinned, dark haired beauty.

I studied the shirt I had on,  it was a white shirt. It was oversized, more like a dress shirt on me. I didn't own such a shirt. I grabbed a handful of it, put it in my nostrills and took a long whiff. A smile of realization graced my face. I knew where i was, I was in ifeanyis house. So I headed down the stairs. I heard noises from the kitchen, so that's where i headed.

And then I saw him, all chocolate and bare chested. He wore a sports short. His muscular shoulders and chised abs had me drooling.  He was a work of art this man. He was whisking some eggs in a bowl. Normal thing wey me sef I sabi do oh!, but the way he did it. With such pizzazz. It was beautiful to watch.

"ofure take a picture, it will last longer". My cheeks were heated, and if we're possible for Africans to blush then I'm sure I did.

"see this one, who is looking at you"?. I walked closer to him and hugged him.  That wasn't the plan, i don't know where that even came from but lately my inner girl had forsaken me, leaving me with this soft, emotional mess, whatever it was. When I pulled out of the hug,  I looked at him, and he was smiling for a moment. Then anger took over that beautiful face. He cupped my face in his hands and examined it.

"bastard, i'm going to kill him" he really looked like he would. Then he went on to examine the rest of my body, I just stood there like a lab specimen.

"what, because of this? Na....  I bruise easily, but I also heal easily. Awesome God right?

"ofure this isn't a joke, that idiot could have, he could have..... " his fists were clenched now, and pain was written all over him. Is it possible that this was hurting ifeanyi more than it was me. I grabbed his two big hands in my tiny ones.

"ifeanyi, listen to me. He didn't succeed, yes I have a few bruises but those will heal. It's better than the trauma I would have lived with if you hadn't come and saved me, my night in shining armour". He was beginning to calm down now. And my hands developed a mind of their own and they started tracing every curve of his arms, neck and then they ram through his hair. He was everything, how could one person be everything.

"bellìsima" I said, not even know where that too came from.

"what"? He replied laughing.

"you are just so beautiful" did I just tell him that? Maybe it was my brain doing Deja Vu, maybe my inner 9ja girl was trying to mock him,  maybe..  Maybe..  I struggled to rationalize it.

"so you do find me beautiful, now that I know, you'll never hear the last of it" he said smirking.

"stupid boy, leave me alone Biko. I was just copying your chessy line from yesterday,  so you can hear how ridiculous you sounded". Then trying to changing the topic I asked
"so you changed me last night"?.