Mine!.

Ifeanyi pov:

I looked at yeti and I was irritated at what I saw, I couldn't believe she was the same woman staring back at me. The woman i was prepared to marry only months back, the one I thought i wanted to spend the rest of my life with, the one who stood by me through thick and thin.

The fact that I had fallen in love with ofure was preventing me from unleashing my full wrath on her. But that conversation with my brother, how they would mock me, and talk about my manhood. I never knew I and yeti had problems in the bedroom, how could she do this to me? I was good to her, good to all my siblings. This betrayal cut like a knife, my heart was in so much pain.

"I'm waiting". I folded my arms and waited to hear what kind of explanation she would give to make this okay.

" it's... I .... Papi..... You.....". I was disgusted even further.

"You can't even fake it can you". Yetunde a woman I had been with for over ten years, wanted to stick my younger brothers kid on me and build a marriage full of lies.

" I honestly thought you were better than this". My comment might have somehow incited anger in her because her countenance changed.

"And I expected better from you ifeanyi, you think I don't know? That you have been hanging out with that gutter rat".

" don't you dare". I held myself back from hitting her, she could do and say whatever but she shouldn't dare disrespect ofure.

"Oh please!. Shut up!. You think I'm a fool, a woman knows these things. When I saw her at the club, with her cheap clothes and shoes, I knew she was a whore!".

" stop it!". I said banging on the car I was leaning on.

"Oh! So you wanna hit me now, go ahead hit me. Hit your pregnant fiancée because of some local Benin girl you just met, she will deal with you ify. I'm the best thing that ever happened to you, you better believe that". I could see that she was taunting me, goading me. She wanted me to break, wanted me to do something so she could actually have leverage. Instead I decided I'd walk away.

I shook my head at the monster in front of me because that wasn't the yeti I knew and loved, and I walked away. She followed me, yelling obscenities, calling ofure names. I bit my inner cheeks to keep myself from reacting.

I got in my car and drove away. Not long after my phone began to ring, it was her, yeti. I switched off the phone totally, because I didn't want to see her pretentious calls.

I kept driving, not knowing where I was headed. Thirty minutes later I found myself in front of ofures gate.

I just parked there starring at it. I began to feel nostalgic, I remembered the times when she would emerge from there, looking so fresh and beautiful. Or when I would knock and it would open to reveal her beautiful face. I was feeling a lot of emotions at once. Betrayal, loss, pain, heartbreak, confusion, emasculation. Soon the tears started to flow from my eyes and they wouldn't stop.

I reached for a car tissue and just wiped my eyes. After just sitting in the parked car for about twenty minutes. I notice, from the corner of my eye, the woman I bought seasoning from when I stayed over at ofures. She was frying yams for the evening sales, I admired her, for though she was aged, she was still as hardworking as ever.

Out of impulse I got out of the car and walked to her shed.

"Good evening ma". She looked up and recognized me almost immediately.

" ah ah my son, you no come collect your change again". She said referring to my balance after purchasing the seasoning the other day.

"No mama no worry about that one".