some closure

Ofures POV:

I cannot believe my sister is standing here; in the flesh! I have missed her. The last time we'd been apart for so long was when I travelled to my mothers village to have peace.

Excitement forces me out of the car as I run and jump on her. My daughter who copies everything I do these days, jumps on her too.

"Suffery make una no break my waist o!" She says but she holds on to me anyway, I suppose that was her own way of saying 'I miss you too'.

"Do you know who this is?" I ask her.

"Is my aunty" she replies innocently.

"Yes, she is mommy sister"

"But she does not look like mommy" my smart little girl says.

She was right! In all fairness, Omo and I look nothing alike. She is tall, skinny and dark, I am fair, curvy and average in height. Except for a few facial feature that we share, there was nothing to tell that we were sisters. And omo had only visited gradma a few times when she was alive, so peace really didn't know her as much since she was little when omo last visited.

Omo lifted her up and held her. I could tell peace was already in love with her as she kept smiling whenever omo pulled on her cheeks.

"You nor tell me say you dey come back"

"Even me sef I no know say I go come back. I just made an impulsive decision" omo says, while still playing with her little niece.

"Hmm! This one wey you dey speak plenty English"

"Abeg comot here... Hi Egor, it's been a while"

Egor hugs her as well.

"You're going for the introduction as well? Ah! E go hot o! See as you fine"

"Yes o! We dey go find husband, this year na our year" Egor replies; blushing heavily.

"No be you say ifeanyi birthday? Wetin come change your mind, abi we nor dey do the birthday again?" omo asks.

"I no dey sure. I don't know if ifeanyi would want to be around his friends right now" a wave of sadness washes over me when I remember the events of the previous night.

"What's wrong?" Omo asks concerned.

"It's nothing, let's just go. I have to do chikas makeup"

"Enhe.... Wifey, na so dem don sabi you reach"

"You nor well joor, enter car make we dey go".

On the ride there, we catch up; omoh and I. She asks me if ifeanyi bought the car for me, I tell her it is one of his cars. I ask about abuja, she tells me how finding affordable and descent accommodation is hard and how crappy the corpers lodge is, how dirty the girls there can be. Egor chimes in after she silences yet another call from one of her Michaels; the conversation shifts to boys immediately. Omo talks about her breakup, Egor consoles her by telling her there will be eligible bachelors at chikas introduction, omo disagrees.

" I no dey Like all these 'my papa get money' people"

"Why?" Egor asks in shock.

"Dem no dey ever get sense. Money don spoil dem sote.... dem no sabi do anything! I like my men strong, experienced, hardw...."

"Broke!" I chimed in sarcastically and Egor laughs.

"Enh! Make dem dey broke, so far say dem sabi bedmatics and dem get life experience. Who needs indomie when you can have akpu".