EMOTIONS! EMOTIONS!!

He stopped eating, and his expression turned serious as he spoke "Ofure! I honestly don't know".

My smile faded, I snatched my hand from him and continued eating.

"ofure! have I said something wrong?"

"No! no! no! its okay, I just want to eat and go home".

"haba! I have upset you and that wasn't my intent. I really don't know... I am as confused as you are".

"I am not confused, ifeanyi! I like you, I know that I like you and for your information. 'I like you' isn't something I say to every man I meet, it was a really difficult thing for me to admit and on the second day? so no! I am not confused, you're the confused one. In fact I seem to have lost my appetite, I want to go home!"

"is there nothing I can or do say to calm you down ofure".

"No! ifeanyi please, I just want to go home". he stared at me for a while and I looked the other way. After what seemed like hours, he spoke...

"okay, I'd go get your bag and change so I can drop you off". When I didn't respond, he stood up and walked to his bedroom...

...Almost an hour later, after a long, quiet, boring, car ride, we arrived my house. Without a good bye I came down from the car and knocked on my gate, i heard his car start and leave but I didn't look back.

After knocking for about a minute. I opened my bag to take out my phone so I could call my sister and ask her to come open the gates for me. Knowing her she probably had the t.v. on the highest volume.

While searching my bag for the phone, I saw an oval shaped bottle. how did that get in here? I picked it up and realized it was a perfume bottle.

Because of the sun, I had to squint my eyes so I could read the inscription on it. Marco visanchi 'glow in the dark' where have I heard that before?. suddenly it hit me!

Ifeanyi had slipped the perfume in my bag. I treated him so harshly and now he's gone and I'd probably never see him again.

I finally found my phone and called my sister and after a long while she opened the gates for me.

"Omoye you sef, what were you doing?" She just smiled sheepishly and I didn't need anyone to tell me that her lowlife boyfriend ubong was around.

You see, my sister had a fascination with all them akwa/cross guys, I always wondered why. All her paramours; ex and present were from there. And she always picked the young ones with sagged trousers, empty pockets and no future ambition.

Every day when Epa would go out or retire to his room, she would sneak him in; and they would stay in all day doing God knows what. Well! I knew what but ewwww! I dared not to imagine it.

She looked exhausted and sweaty, I carefully avoided her and walked into to my room, locked my door and said a silent prayer for my sister wishing she would grow up, these boys they had nothing to offer, she was my elder, done with school, awaiting NYSC. surely she deserved better.

quickly I cleaned my room, showered, dressed and decided to do Mr fasholas assignment.

switching on my data, all my messages began flooding in. My class group chat on watsapp were discussing Ifeanyis pepper incident, some expressed sympathy while others found it funny, I wanted to scold them but decided it wasn't worth it.

I scanned through all my social media messages. One was from Egor asking why I didn't come to the library and Mr ades lecture, she also sent his assignment to me, another from my sister asking me when I was coming back while the rest were from random friends and online chykers.