Zer0 - 1

Requested by my good friend, DyingLighting :)

Firing your gun rapidly, you shoot each and every skag that charges your way.

"Come on, Rhys! What's taking so long!?" you shout in panic as more skags emerge from out of no where.

"And... got it!" Rhys finally answers back. Sure enough, the elevator platform jerks from beneath your feet as Rhys joins you in time for it to begin rising.

"That was too close" you say as you lower your gun, finally able to relax.

"Uh... (Y/N).." Rhys says with a terrified look, eyes glued to something behind you. Your mind wanders through all the possibilities causing you to tense and freeze in place. "(Y/N)!" Rhys repeats louder this time which manages to snap you out of your fear. Turning around, you see a massive skag on an upper platform preparing to leap onto you both. Aiming your gun at its head, you squeeze down on the trigger only for the sound of an empty chamber to echo through the air. With nothing left to do, you close your eyes and brace yourself as the skag pounces towards you. Awaiting the pain of its teeth sinking into you, you are surprised when you feel nothing. The sound of Rhys gasping triggers your eyes to open and take in the sight before you. None other than Zer0 is standing right in front of you with a long sword driven straight through the skags heart. Admiring his tall structure, you try to contain the excitement that bursts inside. You had always been a fan of Zer0 and admired his skill with combat for quite some time now. You watch as he yanks the sword from the skags body and turns to face you both. Unlike Rhys, you manage to contain your excitement and remain cool.

"Thanks for that" you speak up, smiling shyly in his presence.

"Hehehehe.. You're really cool" Rhys giggles from behind you. While Rhys continues to fan-girl about him, Zer0 doesn't even move a muscle the entire elevator ride up. Although it's practically impossible to tell what Zer0 is staring at, his head remains facing in your direction causing you to uncomfortably shift your weight from one leg to the other. The sound of music becomes louder as you finally emerge out and into the light. Looking around the dome, your eyes manage to land on the case which is in the hands of Bossanova.

"Look Rhys! It's right there!" you point in the direction of the case guiding both Rhys and Zer0's gaze to it. Zer0 faces you both once again, bowing quickly before running off.

"Wow. How can someone be so cool, yet not even say a word?" Rhys asks from beside you while you both watch as Zer0 charges through the air towards Bossanova. He hits him with enough force causing the case to fly through the air. Your eyes carefully follow the case as it rapidly moves, falling conveniently within your sight.

"Come on Rhys. Snap out of it! We need that case!" you shout at him, pulling him along behind you as you both charge towards it. Running as fast as you can, the case is almost within your reach when suddenly a bandit on a motorcycle blocks your path. Within the blink of an eye, the bandit sweeps the case up and drives away, leaving you and Rhys in the dust.

"Ugh, Dammit!" you yell, picking up a small rock and throwing it in his general direction. "Stupid bandits!"

"Oh we were so close!" Rhys says, shaking his head.

"Any ideas?" you ask, completely hopeless at this point. You watch as he scans the area, trying to come up with a solution. Within moments, the expression on his face changes as he takes out his stun baton, a smirk forming on his lips. Out of no where, another bandit on a motorcycle races from out of the rubble straight in your direction. Rhys swings at the perfect time sending him flying through the air, the bandits motorcycle left behind.