Javier x Reader - 1

*JAVI'S PERSPECTIVE*

"Stop! Look out!!"

It was too late. Not like the man who kidnapped Javier in the first place would even listen. Javi crashes into the dashboard, nothing but his tied up hands to lessen the impact. As shaken up as the accident had left him, he manages to pull himself together long enough to grab the gun and exit the busted vehicle. The other man however wastes no time, making a run for it.

"Hey! Wait!!" Javi shouts. The man surprisingly listens, surrendering with his hands up while eyeing the gun, finger on the trigger. He knew letting him go would be a bad idea, but at the same time, could he really kill a surrendering man in cold blood? Yes. He had to. For his family.

Just as Javi begins squeezing down on the trigger, the feeling of a gun pressed up to his back causes him to freeze. The man of course takes the opportunity, continuing his run off into the distance.

"Alright alright, you got me" Javi says in defeat, dropping the gun to his feet.

"That's good. Now turn around nice and slow"

His eyes widen in surprise at the female voice, even more shocked when he turns to see two girls standing before him. The one pointing a gun wore a hat and a mean expression. She looked no older than maybe 14. The other stood back further, a pistol also pointed in Javi's direction. They lock eyes, Javi able to make out a small trace of softness in her expression. She definitely seemed closer to him in age.

"Look, I don't want any trouble. I'm just out here looking for my family" Javi explains, desperate for any help he can get.

"Not my problem" the one with the hat says, shrugging her shoulders.

"Clem..." her friend interrupts, both of them sharing a concerned look. Clem shakes her head at her friend before turning back to face the man.

"There's a place not to far from here called Richmond. They may be able to help you. I can point you in the right direction,but we have our own problems to deal with". Clementine motions down the road, indicating what way to go. "Just keep walking that way and you probably wont get lost" she adds before turning to leave. "Let's go, (Y/N)"

*YOUR PERSPECTIVE*

You hesitate to leave, eyes locking with Javi's who's expression screams desperation. You slowly begin turning away, but are forced to a sudden stop when his hand grips your arm.

"Please.. I- I can't afford to get lost".

You find yourself stuck in his stare, a warm yet strange feeling washing over you. There was no doubt this Javi wasn't a bad person. In fact, he could have easily hurt you by now. You let out a long sigh, turning to face Clementine who is still walking away from the scene.

"Clem!" you call, capturing her attention. "I'm going to show him where Richmond is myself".

"(Y/N), why? You know I need you to help me find AJ" she replies, disappointed with your decision.

"I know, and I will. It's just something I have to do, okay? Just find a car and meet me at Richmond" you instruct, watching as she thinks about your words.

"Okay.. just please. Be careful".

You nod your head, turning to begin your walk with an unfamiliar face. You knew better than to let your guard down, keeping your gun gripped tightly by your side.

"You know, you don't have to afraid of me" he breaks the silence. You can feel his eyes glued to you making things slightly uncomfortable, forcing yourself to continue staring straight ahead.