Handsome Jack x Reader - 1

"Hold on to your butts" 

Your hands tighten around the bars secured around your body as the spaceship jerks upwards almost instantly after Rhys presses the button. The entire structure shook violently creating a loud noise that almost drown out the sound of Rhys giggling beside a busy Fiona. 

"Alright alright, you got to push it. Now go sit back down and quit bothering me" Fiona says, directing her words at Rhys. You watch as he begins walking back to his seat only for his body to begin floating in the air soon after you've crossed into space. 

"WOaaAH-HA-HA!" Rhys shouts in his usual alerting tone.

"Hey, watch where you're going" you angrily say, swatting away his robotic hand that accidentally brushes against your breast as his body floats over top of yours.

"Oops sorry". His arms flail violently in an attempt to push his body away from your seated one and regain control. "Would you stop that!"

"Excuse me?" 

"No! Not you... Uhhh nevermind". He awkwardly clears his throat, finally managing to secure himself in his seat. 

You've known Rhys to be a strange guy, but it was hard to ignore the fact that he was clearly just talking to himself.

"Not now..." you catch him speaking once again to absolutely no one.  

Looking around the room, your eyes land on Fiona who is busy steering, Loader bot and Gortys being adorable in the corner, and Sasha watching over Kroger and Finch. With everyone distracted, you use the opportunity to lean in towards Rhys for a private conversation.

"Are you going to tell me who you were just talking to?" 

"Sorry, what?" Rhys raises an eyebrow, trying to act cool and clueless. His robotic arm seems to have other plans however as it's quick to reach out in the direction of your thigh.

"What the -" your immediate instinct has you slapping his metal arm away. "I swear to god Rhys, I don't know what has gotten into you but if you try that again I will-" 

"Alright alright! I'll tell you what's going on when we get to Helios" he agrees while struggling to pin his robotic arm down with his other free hand. 

When you've finally landed on Helios, you are eager to climb out of the space ship, momentarily putting some distance between you and Rhys. You do consider him to be your friend, but the way hes been acting these past couple of days have made you unsettled to be around him. 

When he pulls you away to one of the rooms in Helios to talk in private, that unsettled feeling intensifies when you sense more than just you and Rhys in the room. 

"Alright. This may be difficult to understand so I'm just going to come right out and say it" he begins, suddenly making you nervous. 

"Okay...". You watch as he takes a deep breath before spitting out his next words so quick you almost couldn't understand him. 

"Woah woah woah. You're telling me that THEE Handsome Jack is in this very room with us, and you can see him... but I can't?" you repeat, trying to make sense of his words while you refrain from bursting out into laughter. 

"Yes, that's exactly what I just said" 

"Oh my god, Rhys. I think you should take a nap or something, I mean it's been a long day for us all and-" the seriousness on his face causes you too cut off your own sentence. You take a deep breath and try again. "Look, I want to believe you, Rhys. I really do, I mean, Handsome Jack is a total babe - but I just can't" 

"Just try holding up a number behind your back" he persists, desperate to try and convince you. 

"Alright fine" you roll your eyes, tucking your arms behind your back to hold up the number 6.

"Six" Rhys immediately guesses causing your eyes to widen in shock.

"Lucky guess..." 

"You know it's not"

Your eyes dart around the room as you suddenly get the feeling that you are being closely watched. 

"I'm not saying that!" Rhys shouts, startling you. 

"What? What did he say?" 

"Ugh.. he said you have a cute ass"

"What!" you turn around frantically, suddenly feeling embarrassed at the thought of Handsome Jack checking you out this entire time. 

"If I do it will you promise to get out of my head?" Rhys continues, directing his words at Jack. He lets out a long sigh before moving to pull you along behind him. 

"Rhys, where are you taking me?" 

"To Jacks office" 

Navigating through the long hallways of Helios, You and Rhys finally arrive at Jacks office that's locked behind a security door. Rhys robotic arm stretches out to enter the password, the doors separating to allow entry. 

You couldn't believe that you were standing in Handsome Jack's office. It was massive and almost indescribably awesome. He had pillars designed of his face, expensive furniture, a massive TV, stairs leading up to his desk and leather chair, and a giant wall made entirely as a window to create the perfect view of space. 

"Woah..." is all you can say, completely intrigued with your surroundings as Rhys heads towards Jack's leather chair. 

"What button?" Rhys asks a question you now know isn't directed towards you. When he presses it, a long needle looking object comes springing from the chair. Before you even have time to ask if that's a good idea, the object lodges straight into the chip in Rhys's brain. 

What happens next leaves you completely frozen in place. The large TV screen flicks on displaying Handsome Jack before you. 

"Finally! I can speak to someone other than this bozo!" his voice erupts through the entire office. "How you holding up, cupcake?" 

"Uhhh..." you couldn't even piece a sentence together, staring up in disbelief at the screen. 

"I gotta hand it to you sweet cheeks, you got 'Handsome Jacks next girlfriend' written all over you" 

"Umm, Thank you?" you swallow hard, trying your best to remain confident and not dart out of the room. 

"So what do you say, babe? If I get my body back - which I will - and leave this kiddo alone, will you let me give you the personal tour?" he asks with a wink and smile that makes your knees weak. 

"You have yourself a deal" you agree with a smile. It was a win-win situation. Rhys would be free of Handsome Jack, and you would have yourself a date with the most famous person on Helios. 

<The End>