Prologue . . . Day by Day

Prologue . . . Day By Day

Kylie's POV

I wish I could say it was the sound of my alarm clock that wakes me up every morning, but it was my baby that was kicking my bladder like it was a freaking soccer ball.

I looked down at my five-month baby bump and then over at the clock that read 6:30 A.M. in large red letters. I laid my head back on my pillow with a sigh. "Can't you let momma sleep just a bit longer?" I asked my baby, but when it kicked me in the bladder once more I groaned. "Honey, momma got home late and has a doctor's appointment today." I said as I got out of bed and went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet. "You are really wearing momma out." I sighed as I finished up my business and flushed the toilet.

I washed my hands and then splashed a bit of water on my face before looking up at my reflection in the mirror. I didn't know if the person looking back at me was actually me or an old worn out lady.

I sighed when I realized that the old worn out lady was me.

The stress of work, pregnancy, money, and life in general was bringing me down, and my looks with it.

"Shit." I grumbled and rubbed my belly before walking back to the bedroom.

I sat on my bed as I looked around my small, creaky, old apartment and began to sob.

How did it get this bad?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few months ago . . .

"Kylie get your ass down here!" My husband yelled at me.

I put my hair brush down on my dresser and stood up before going down the steps slowly.

I could hear the slur in his voice, and I knew that he was drunk.

"What is it-" I ducked my head away from the vase shattering by my head.

"Where the fuck is my dinner!" He shouted making me jump.

"It's in the microwave." I said and walked over to the microwave and opened the door. "See?"

"Are you being smart with me?" He asked and grabbed my arm.

"Brad . . . you're hurting me." I whimpered.

His fist connected with my face, causing me to fall to the floor with shock and pain.

"Don't get smart with me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Present day . . .

I parked into the Rooster Teeth parking lot and got out of my car and rubbed my eyes tiredly. I had to get up about five more times this morning just to pee, so my day was going to be long and exhausting. Which wasn't anything new, but I was getting tired of it.

I shook my head before walking inside the building. "Morning Kara." I waved with a fake smile.

"Morning Ky, how are you?" She greeted back.

"Good. How are you?"

"Great." She said happily just as a phone rang. "I'll talk to you later." She said and answered the phone.

I walked past her desk and down the hall going to the Achievement Hunter Office.

"Hey Kylie!" I heard Burnie's voice call, and stopped to smile at him.

"Hey Burnie." I waved.

"How are you feeling? Still morning sickness?" He asked concerned.

I couldn't help but smile at him, he was like so concerned about my pregnancy and always was checking on me to make sure I was okay. It was sweet.

"No, no morning sickness. I just have to pee every five minutes." I chuckled.

"Normal at your stage." He reached down and rubbed my belly gently.

"You know, if you don't ask to rub my belly you're going to end up with a black eye." I teased.

"Sorry, force of habit." He smiled. "You heading to AH?"

"Yeah, I have a doctor's appointment today and Allie wants to go." I explained while running my fingers through my hair.

"I know someone else who wants to go." Burnie said, knowing exactly who he was talking about.

"Yeah, which is probably why Allie wanted me to pick her up here instead of at her place." I sighed.

"This is your life Ky, you come here everyday and do the same thing. You know he wants to be with you." Burnie said sounding like a woman.

"I'll talk to you later Burnie." I said before kissing his cheek and walking to the door that leads to the AH office.

Inside that room, is where the videos that changed my life were made. The videos that made me happy, and made me laugh.

Inside that room were my hero's sat, and now my friends.

But also inside that room sits a man that adored me and I had no idea why, but I had to change his mind before he got himself in trouble.

I sighed and opened the door. "What's up bitches!"