Chapter Twenty-Two . . . A Little Faith

He was going to find us.

HE WAS GOING TO FIND US!

That's what my mind was screaming as I rocked myself back and forth while holding myself.

Marisa, my sweet little baby, I had to get her better and out of the hospital.

If Brad put on hand on her sweet little head I was going to kill him.

Kill him? Those were words that I had never even thought of.

I guess when you become a mother a whole new world opens up.

"Kylie?" Ray shook me gently and I looked up at him with tears in my eyes before looking at the police officer who stood in front of us.

"Is Marisa alright?" I asked, ignoring Ray.

After seeing the message written on the mirror of my bathroom, Ray and I rushed straight to the hospital, but they wouldn't let me see my daughter until they had everything was cleared.

The place was on complete lockdown, and I was in a panic.

The police officer looked at Ray and then back at me. "She's fine, but there was someone in the ward with her."

"W-What? Was it Brad?" I asked standing up.

"Kylie," Ray sighed, "you're going to hurt yourself."

"Who was with my baby?" I begged.

"We don't know. She's a woman with pink hair. She says she knows you and Mr. Narvaez." He answered. "Do you know anyone like that?"

"With pink hair?" I scoffed. "No." I answered

" Whoever it is. She insists that she knows you." The officer shrugged.

"Well, if I know her I guess I have to see her then." I said.

"Honey, are you sur-" Ray started but I interrupted him by shaking my head.

"If someone is going to hurt my baby then I have to find out who." I said with a confident voice before turning to the officer. "Now where is she?"

I looked straight ahead of me to find a pink haired woman sobbing into her hands.

I slowly walked up to the table where she was sitting and sat down across from her before positioning my hands in front of me. "Who are you and what do you want with my baby?" I asked in a serious tone.

The woman looked up at me and blinked a couple of times while I stared at her dumbly and tilted my head to the side.

"Lindsay?" I questioned, almost with disbelief.

"Kylie! Oh my God!" She sobbed into her hands.

My mind was running a million different directions with questions, but the dumbest one came out of my mouth.