Chapter Twenty-Eight . . .Disappointment

Chapter Twenty-Eight . . . Disappointment

Kylie's POV

"Come on Kylie, just one more." My physical therapist encouraged.

I was currently laying on the bed at the hospital, trying to strengthen my legs, the better I would be able to walk the faster I could get to taken care of Baby Marisa.

I pushed my leg as hard as I could, sweat dripping from my forehead, and my face twisted as I pushed myself harder and harder.

"That's good Kylie, really good." She said before releasing me.

I panted and sat up and wiped my forehead. "How am I doing?"

She looked at her chart and then with me. "It's still going to take some more sessions, but you'll walk again."

I sighed with relief before she helped me to my wheelchair. "Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be running circles around your boyfriend."

"Eh, she does that now. I'm not the runner."

My eyes flicked up to Ray who had his arms crossed, watching me with a silly grin on his face. I let out a breath and shook my head.

"You seem to be running to take care of Marisa just fine." I nodded as I wheel myself towards him.

Ray smirked before moving down to kiss me gently on the lips. "You're still a help."

I resisted rolling my eyes at him before looking at the physical therapist who was staring at us with awe. "Am I free to go?"

She jumped and blinked her eyes a couple of time. "Yes, of course. Same time next week though."

I gave her a nod. "Thanks."

I began rolling out of the building only to be stopped by Ray's hands. "Hey!" I yelled and turned to look at Ray. "Don't do that."

"What's wrong?" Ray asked confused.

"Uh . . . I don't know, I'm in a wheelchair." I pointed out.

Ray rolled his eyes.  "You've been in that thing for a couple weeks now and you haven't reacted like this before."

"Maybe I'm getting tired of it." I shrugged.

I watched as Ray cocked his head before coming around to squat down in front of me. "Talk to me please."

I tapped my fingers against the armrests of the chair before shaking my head. "I'm just moody." I sighed, lying of course.

"Extra super moody." He commented and I raised a brow at him.

"Excuse me? Just because I'm in this chair doesn't mean I won't kick your fucking ass." I warned and he put his hands up in defense.

"Just talk to me. I want to make you feel better." He sighed with frustration.

"I can't walk!" I pointed out. "I'm in a damn wheelchair, I can't take care of my kid . . . again, I'm depending on everyone else for everything, and I'm being treated like I'm a baby." I let out a breath. "I hate this. I just . . . I want to be normal."

He bent down and hugged me tightly. "I know baby, but you'll be back to feeling normal soon, I promise, and you are taking great care of Marisa." He pulled back slightly with a smile. "How about we go see her and you'll feel all better?"

I let out another tired and sad sigh before nodding. "Yes please."

_____________________________________________________

At the house I was greeted by the smell of food before Allie came out, with her swollen belly, and a spoon in her hand. "Hey how was the therapy?" She asked.