Chapter Two . . .Uncle

Kylie's POV

I laid on the bed and looked at the ceiling while my feet moved nervously.

There was always a possibility that something could be wrong at this doctor's appointment. I mean I was beat the crap out of for about two years, and right before I left I was beat up. So, after each appointment the fact that something could be wrong with my baby, and it was my fault, scared the shit out of me.

My hand was surrounded by Ray's and I looked up to find him smiling at me. "Are you alright?" He asked concerned.

I took in a breath and slowly let it out. "I'm not the greatest." I admitted.

"Everything is going to be fine." He said as he rubbed soothing circles on the palm of my hand.

"We don't know that." I sighed. "At the beginning of my pregnancy . . ." I trailed.

"Listen, if there was anything wrong with the baby at the beginning of the pregnancy they would of told you. The baby doesn't have any deformities or anything like that." He smiled warmly.

"Yeah, but if there's brain damage or some other sort of damage?" I asked panicking at my own words. "Oh God what if the baby has a mental disability because of me." I cried.

"Kylie, baby, calm down." He bent down to my eye-level. "The baby is going to be fine. More then fine actually. He or she is going to be perfect."

My heart and pulse slowed down at his words and I took another deep breath. "Thanks Ray." I smiled at him.

"That's what I'm here for." He smiled back as he wiped the tear that fell from my eye.

Ray pulled away when the door opened and in came Allie. "Can you believe the damn line for the bathroom?" She smiled.

"Allie, you do realize that this is a place for pregnant women, right?" I chuckled.

"Still . . . That many women have to pee all at once?" She asked with a smile.

"Well when a baby or two kick and squeeze your bladder you don't exactly choose when you want to pee." I laughed and rubbed my belly.

There was a knock on the door, right before the doctor came in with a smile on her face.

"Hello Kylie, how are you feeling?" She smiled as she reviewed my chart.

"I'm alright." I smiled back at her.

"Any problems?" She asked as her brows furrowed together as she read over my chart.

"No, not really. Nothing than any usual preganancy problems." I chuckled.

"Why? Is there any problems?" Ray asked while tilting his head to the side slightly.

"Um . . . Well . . ." She trailed while biting her lip and looking at me.

"You can say anything in front of them." I explained.

"Well Kylie, your blood pressure is a little high." She admitted and looked up at me.

"Okay what's the risks of having high blood pressure?" I asked trying to sit up slightly.

"Preclampsia, low birth weight, and premature birth." Ray read of like a list.

I looked up at him confused. "How did yo-"

"How high are we talking?" Ray asked while ignoring me.

"We're not too high yet, but your blood pressure is in the range that can make me start to worry. We can give you some medication and then I need you to do things to lessen your stress." She explained before putting her chart down. "Let's check out the baby and see what's going on."