Chapter Nineteen . . . Sweetness

Chapter Nineteen . .  .Sweetness

Kylie's POV

"Useless, that's what you are!" My husband yelled at me as I bled on the floor.

My poor baby, my poor little baby was dead.

"Please . . . I need a hospital. We need a hospital!" I screamed at him.

Maybe there was time to save my baby.

Brad smacked me across the face and laughed.

"A hospital. The baby is already dead! If you would of done what you were told we could of saved ourselves from this heartache. I blame you." He shook his head. "I hope you are happy with yourself. Some mother you are."

The sounds of his laughter filled my ear.

I just wanted to stop.

Just make it stop.

"Stop!" I yelled as I threw myself up out of my hospital bed.

"Kylie, Kylie!" Cat's voice filled my ears as she was by my side. "It's okay."

"No, it's not." I cried, I felt a warm patch on my belly and looked down to find my hospital gown covered in blood.

"She tore a stitch." Allie sighed. "I'll get a doctor, and then I'm going to fucking murder Brad."

"Murder him? In your state?" I asked coming back to reality. "He'll kill your baby just like he killed mine."

Allie blinked a couple of times with shock before coming back. "Then I know a couple of men who'll do my dirty work for me." Allie shrugged. "He's going to pay." She said simply before walking out of the room.

"She's hormonal." Cat laughed gently and rubbed my shoulder.

"She's not. She's being Allie." I sighed and ran a hand over my face. "Where's Ray?" I asked as I looked around.

"He's with Marisa." Cat smiled. "He's been with her while you've been sleeping."

"Is she okay?" I questioned and Cat nodded.

"It's amazing really. She's been eating more since Ray has got here and has been responding to him. It's like they have a connection."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God."

There was a pause of silence before Cat spoke.

"So nightmare?"

I nodded. "More like a past memory, but yeah." I ran my fingers through my hair.

"I know what those are like, and I'm sorry." Cat smiled sadly. "They suck, it's like your mind knows it's not happening again, but your body doesn't work with your mind." Cat chuckled. "Damn brain, what is it good for anyway. I think that's why Gavin doesn't use his that much."

"Cat are you like me?"

Broken?

"Kind of, not entirely, but I know what you're feeling." She answered before standing up and going to the window.

"How do you deal with it?" I asked.

I needed answers, I needed to know how to trust, how to not blame myself.

"Well," She started, "you don't ever really deal with it. You more or less just hide it, but Gavin and Raya definitely help, and you, and the office." She shrugged. "I don't feel so alone."

"You're not." I said.

"Neither are you." She pointed out. "Trust us Kylie. With everything you have. We take care of each other."