Chapter 10

Isabelle woke up after sleeping for four hours. The whole time Jeff and Clint were trying to get her temperature under control, but they couldn't do much.

She opened her eyes slowly and stared up at Gally who was sitting next to her.

"Gaaaaaaaally! What are you doing heeeeeeere?" She drew out her words and gave him a loopy grin.

Gally frowned and turned over his shoulder. "Clint, she's doing it again."

Clint who was apparently in the corner turned with a cup of water and pills in his hands. He strode over to her with a sigh and she wrinkled her nose at him but accepted the medication anyways.

"Are these going to kill me?" She whispered nervously and swallowed the pills.

Gally sighed and took the cup of water from her. "No, you're going to be fine."

"You know," she started. "I really hate doors. They separate you from other people and I just don't think that's okay, ya know?" She looked sincerely up to Gally who gave a deep sigh and stood up.

He placed a hand on Clints shoulder. "Good luck."

"So why was Geraldo here?"

"Gally?" Clint asked.

"Geraldo. Gertrude. Gunther. Grenade. Gallantry. Galileo. Gally..." Isabelle trailed off and stared at the wall.

"Did you just break?" Clint waved a hand in front of her face which she vaguely recognized. He sighed. "I'm getting Jeff. I need a break."

Isabelle faintly heard the Maze doors shutting and she knew that meant something, but she couldn't remember what.

She looked around and saw that she was alone. Throwing her feet over the bed she tried to stand but crumbled to the floor instead. She pulled herself up with the help of a dresser and started walking towards the door.

She hit into the door frame with her torso and bounced off of it enough to get we going through the actual door. Once she made it to the opening to the Glade, she stepped through and covered her eyes from the sun. She was nearly blinded but she kept walking regardless.

"Isabelle!" Someone called for her but she couldn't tell who or where they were. Hands grasped her shoulders and spun her around to see them. The sudden action twisted her legs around themselves and she tripped, sending her spiraling into the person who called her name.

They both hit the ground with a groan and Isabelle started laughing. She rolled over and stayed on her side.

"...Belle? You alright? Are you hurt?"

Someone was kneeling over her and she could suddenly make out their face. Her eyes wend wide.

"You! You're the person the Maze was waiting for from me."

His eyebrows furrowed and he looked at Isabelle closely. "That sentence made no sense."

She frowned and looked to her side at a blade of tall grass. She wanted to smile at how it tickled her cheek, but apparently that wasn't normal.

"Noot." She said loudly.

Newts eyes became even more confused and he helped her into a sitting position.

"Nooty noot," she called. "Booty nooty. Nooty with the booty!"

Newt took her chin in his hands and turned her face from angle to angle. "...You're ill! I need to get you to the Med-Jacks."

"Do you get it?" She asked and stole a flower from the ground before Newt lifted her into his arms. "Nooty with the booty because you are Nooty and you have the booty!" She paused for a moment before continuing with a low and serious voice.

"Did you steal it?"

***

Once Newt had finally gotten her back to Jeff, he pulled up a chair next to her. Isabelle was silently playing with his hair and Newt watched Jeff try to figure something out for her growing fever.

"You don't have anything?" Newt asked. He found it hard to believe.

"No...we've never had someone get sick before. Just broken bones and cuts and scrapes." He shook his head. "She must've come up in the box with it."

"Could she be contagious?" Newt asked worriedly.

"Im not sure. It's possible, I guess." Jeff said and started pacing around the room.

"Uh oh! I think Nooty  is gonna be sick!" Isabelle leaned away from Newt and towards a curious Jeff. She put a hand by her mouth to avoid Newt from hearing.

"I kissed him," she whispered. She nodded and backed away and slipped on an easy grin for Newt who obviously heard. He put his head in his hands and muttered under his breath.

***

After a couple days, Isabelle was still in the Med-Jacks hut. They couldn't do anything for her, they had no cure to her sickness. They'd have to wait until the end of the week to send a note in the box to the Creators and ask for help.

Newt didn't get sick. Jeff credited it to him probably having the virus before.

Isabelle wasn't as loopy anymore as she was in pain and exhausted. Her fever had gone down a little, but not by much. The couple days she'd been sick were a blur for her, and she wasn't actually sure how much time had passed.

All she could do was sleep and take whatever pills Clint, Jeff, or even Newt had for her and hope it did something.

It didn't.

A/N: Yes I'm sick. How did you guess? Hey it was good inspiration and I decided to have fun and make Isabelle be loopy in the way I was earlier today so there you go.