Chapter 22

I felt a wave of astonishment and terror crash over me as I faced him. Never in a million years would I have imagined being in the same room as the infamous Sean ever again. Sean looked very different. He was dressed very casually in a white button up shirt and tan dress pants. He did not have a scruffy beard growing on his thin jawline like he usually would but had a clean shave, and he looked very cleaned up.

Marshall's arm got a tight grip around my waist as he pulled me behind him. There was no doubt in my mind that Marshall despised Sean after what he had done.

"Why the hell are you here?" Marshall barked at him.

Sean lowered his head as the family began crowding around the fued. He took a long breath and said the Marshall in a straight voice, "I've changed, man."

"Bullshit-"

"It's true!" He stared at Marshall now, giving hum pleading eyes. "Look, I've been to jail, I've been to couseliors, and I've been to rehab multiple times over the past few years. I even got my ass beat while I was in jail."

Hearing that made me think twice about Sean. Part of me was saying to not believe him, but the other half was saying that he was telling the truth. I was torn between believing him or not.

"That doesn't answer my question: why are you here?" Marshall repeated.

Sean shook sympathetically and crossed his arms over his chest.

"To pay my respects, of course. Why else would I be here?"

Marshall obviously was not buying anything Sean was telling us. He narrowed his eyes and watched as Sean casually walked over to the casket that were to close soon enough.

"You don't know me," he started,"but I've done much wrong to your family. I've made many mistakes, harmed many people, and then I took the time to try and fix them."

I stared at him in pity. I was beginning to lean more towards believing him. I know he has reeked havic on my entire family, but something about the way he was acting made it very clear that he was speaking nothing but the truth. Still, of course, Marshall was just rolling his eyes and not even paying half a mind.

"I know, I know I can't make up for every mistake, but all I want is to see my precious daughter, your granddaughter, again. I also just wanna see her mother happy."

He turned his head over at me quickly. He flashed me his warm, green eyes and began speaking again.

"I won't bother your family anymore, don't worry. They're in great hands, not my hands, but in someone's."

My fave grew soft and understanding as he walked off the small rising, down the long aisle, and back over to me. He rummaged his pockets for a small piece of post it paper that had numbers written on it.

"I don't blame you if you don't, but give me a call sometime. I would love to try to make things write with you and Jane."

Marshall glared at him evily. Sean showed how uncomfortable he was and slowly backed away and walked out the door with his head held lower than it usually would be. Marshall gabe an exasperated sigh.

"Can you believe this guy?" he shook his head angrily.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked down at the paper. 191-0182* read the small post it.. At that moment, I was not planning on giving him a call, but deep down I knew I would some day dial his number and talk to him.

"Wait, are you actually gonna call him?" he hissed in surprise.

"I don't know, I haven't made up my mind."

He sighed and shook his head again and said, "Do you actually trust he's changed?"

That was the question I was debating in my brain. Did I or did I not trust him? I had no definitite answer then. It was like an impossible puzzle and you're debating whether or not a piece will go in the particular opening to complete to puzzle or just mess it up.

"I don't know-"

"Do you know anything?"

He showed some annoyance in his voice. I know he did not want Sean anywhere near Jane or his precious house and family or me; however it was mine and Jane's life I was worried about, how he might affect us, not Marshall.

"I know that you being an asshole isn't helping me." I rolled my eyes.

He furrowed his eyebrows and stared at me in a confused way. Then he scoffed and bickered back, "I'm the asshole? Fine, I'll leave you alone then."

He walked away from me and out the door like Sean had, leaving me bewildered and stressed once again. I did not mean to make him angry, but I sometimes forgot that he could easily be ticked off.

I stared down at the small piece of paper and shoved it down at the bottom of my purse. I then waved goodbye to my mourning family, said a prayer with them in loving memory of my father, and walked back outside where I knew Marshall was waiting.

I jumped into the passenger seat besides him and stared off at the midday sun as we drove towards it.

"I'm sorry about that, Daya."

He frowned slightly and traced my forearm gently.

"I just am worried, you know? And I really despise him if you couldn't already tell," he added, smirking but returning to a resting face.

I nodded my head. "I know, Marshall."

We continued to drive in utter silence. No car radio, barely any cars passing. Only the occasion pothole or rock or passing car. Other than that, silence.

*the phone number was not real, I just typed seven random numbers obviously lol.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey guys, so I just wanted you to know I'm losing a lot of interest in writing this sequel im gonna finish it, but It's just because when I first wrote this i was a terrible writer and couldnt come up with story lines well. Now, I'm workig on another story, which will be a marshall fan fiction dont worry :), and I've devoted a lot of attention to that one. Don't worry, I will work very hard on this story, but it wont be nearly as long as the first one, and I'll be sure to add a happy ending this time! Thanks for reading this if you did, and for all the support!
-Dat0neWriter