Chapter 26

Days had passed since then. Neither I nor Marshall had spoken about it. Sean's visit was water under the bridge at that point. In all honesty, we really were not mad anymore. However, most the anger that was built up inside us was taken out on each other that night in a more erotic way.

I was standing in front of the full body mirror in Marshall and I's room, while holding dresses against my body. Marshall and I, for once, were going to go out on an actual date. We had reservations at a high class restaurant that Marshall insisted we went to. I could not say no to that, so I accepted it.

I had then pulled out this black dress. It was the same black dress I had worn to that one party where Marshall announced our relationship way back when. There was a moment of nostalgia flashing through my mind like lightning bolts. That was one of my favorite dresses. It was very loose-like near the waste, however fitted nicely near my chest. The material was soft, and it went around my neck like a holter.

After a few moments of examing it, and concluding that it was not damaged in any noticeable way, I decided on wearing that with the flats I had decided on before. As I took one more glance at the mirror I noticed Marshall leaning up against the doorway, a subtle smile on his lips.

"What on earth are you looking at?" I teased, eyeing him through the mirror.

He chuckled slighty and slowly stepped near me. His tatted up arms rested around my waist and since he was plenty taller he also rested his chin on top of my head.

"You, goregous," he whispered. He very gently pecked the top of my head with his soft lips.

My heart always beat a little faster when he kissed me. The sensation of his touch in itself makes me shiver. That's just part of the package you got when dating Marshall. Also, you got the incredible love he aimed to give. Resisting was not what he would want, because I had learned that he showed the love others had never shown him.

My cheeks warmed up slowly, blood rushing to them and making them a light peachy color. I turned my body over so that I was facing him instead of staring at the mirror. He looked down at me, his eye beaming. His lips were curled at the ends slightly, and this I rarely had ever seen randomly.

"Why are you so happy?" I laughed.

He shrugged his shoulders slightly, not breaking the eye contact. "Maybe because I have you?" he answered, holding onto my chin.

I cocked an eyebrow up and looked curiously at him. Something was wrong and I knew it. Deep down, he was preparing me for something. I didn't know what it was, but I was about to find out.

"Okay, babe, what's wrong?" I asked, removing his hand from my chin.

Marshall stood there, and he didn't say anything but breathe. It got me worried because he wouldn't tell me. He suddenly jumped slightly and said,"Sorry, I was day dreaming

I giggled to myself at his little foolish moment. It was cute when he jumped, and I had no idea why. "But I was gonna say..Daya I'm really sorry but Kim has plans and I gotta get the kids."

My eyes widened and a frown formed on my face. The reason Marshall wasn't going to get the kids that day was so we could be alone when we got back from dinner. Kim had agreed, but now she is changing her plans last minute. I crossed my arms over my chest and shook my head. People like her annoyed me.

I stomped over to the bed and collapsed on top of it. I burried my head inside the pillow and groaned really loud out of anger. Distracted by my outrage, I didn't hear Marshall walk over to me and sit next to me in the small space left.

Slowly, he just rubbed my back. It soothed me enough to the point I could calm down. "This is suppose to be our night. For one night I wanted it to be us and try and be normal," I complained into the pillow.

I heard him sigh quietly to himself. "Daya, we could still go out to dinner and stuff. You're overreacting."

I just nodded my head. In a way, I knew he was right, but I hated admitting to being wrong. It irked me mentally. I was not the one who always wanted to be right but still, nobody liked to be wrong.

Marshall tugged lightly at my arm, meaning he wanted me to get up. So I did; slowly I sat up straight next to him, but I wasn't looking directly at him.

"Daya, I dont know why you're getting upset," he said sternly. It sounded like he was getting agitated over my complaining. So I decided to bring it down a notche or two.

"It isn't because the kids. You know I adore them, but I hate how Kim had to suddenly change her plans so we have to change ours-" I paused for a second and moved closer to him,"I was just hoping we could come back after dinner and be alone."

He got the vibe I was giving and slightly bit his bottom lip. His fingers crawled into my hand and intertwined them with mine. "You have no idea the shit you do to me sometimes, Daya. I'll figure something out so we can be alone," he whispered, putting a seductive tone in his voice.

His lips pecked lightly on my neck, a part that's very sensitive. It's something he's learned about me, and of course I've learned a few sensitive spots of his. Marshall lifted his head and looked at the alarm clock that sat on his bedside.

"Hey, I'm going to go get the kids now. While I'm gone you should get ready to go, and I'll get ready when I get back."

"Okay, Marshie," I commented, my voice squeaking up slightly.

He looked back at me, his eyebrows raised. "Dont call me Marshie," he laughed.

I stared at him in a bold way. I know that he hated this name, unless a kid called him it. "Why, Marshie?" I said again.

He kept staring at me. I was challanging him, and he was getting angrier. It was funny though, at least to me it was. Marshall crossed his arms over his chest like I had. "Daya, please," he said again, trying to be serious but failing.

My mouth stayed shut as he turned on his heels and walked out of the room. Once he was out I yelled out,"Sorry, Marshie!"

"Stop bullying me!" he whined like a child very loud from the bottom of the stairwell.

I couldn't help but crack up at the sound of him being immature, one of the many things he's good at. Making someone laugh. Also one of the many reasons why I love him.