Chapter 33

The way I perceived life always changed. At that point of my life, I thought that life was what you wanted it to be. If you wanted happiness, you'd steer from negativity and keep a bright smile on your face. If you wanted a happy family, you'd strive enough to you see them smiling as bright as you. Life was what you made it.

I had begun making my life easier. I stopped with the unnecessary overthinking, I stopped with the annoying assumptions I would make. I stopped arguing and being petty over things with Marshall that had no importance and I did what was best for my family and friends. I had never been happier in my life.

I woke up one morning and the sun was bright as ever. The birds were singing their melodic tunes and the breeze was playing the drums. I turned over to see Marshall's solemn, adorable face buried in his pillow. He quietly snored away while dreaming of the finest things, I would of hoped.

I slipped out of bed and silently walked out the room, and through the halls of the death-sounding mansion. It was still early in the day on that Saturday. Everyone would be sleeping in until at least ten. I strutted into the kitchen and decided to make coffee. It helped this early in the morning.

The leaves were falling from their branches already. The jade green grass was being covered in an assortment of yellows, paler greens, reds, and oranges. The weather was falling under that Michigan winter spell, with the arctic cold winds and polar ice caps snow.

I suddenly felt a large pair of arms rest on my shoulders. Marshall gave me a small peck on my head and helped himself to the seat adjacent of me.

"Glad to see you're awake."

He smirked and stared at the surroundings peacefully.

"I never sleep late, not my thing," he said, still staring into the fall scenery.

I sat with him silently for a few minutes, taking in the calming breeze and empty streets. The warm sun with the puffy clouds. Just like it should have been.

"You know," Marshall began, gaining my attention, "this is what I always imagined my life to be like at the age I'm at."

"What do you mean?"

"You know, here. In a beautiful house, with amazing children, and a gorgeous girlfriend to sit next to me on the porch during the morning, probably talking about stupid adult things like adults do with a cup of coffee."

I flashed a whole-hearted smile at him, and he smiled too.

"I imagined life like this too."

There was a lot I imagined that had came true. I had pictured the love of my life and I with a decently low number of kids running around a beautifully decorated and modestly large house that included a big backyard so the whole property took up acres.

I visioned the children to always be smiling and happy, and the love of my life and I smiling with them. It was all coming true.

Some months went by like the blink of an eye. In the middle of January, freezing all of our buts off. The Michigan winter spell that fell upon us finally was showing all it's true abilities. Snow was falling over the house. The mansion still smelled like pine from the Christmas tree Marshall and I brought. It was not very big, but it smelled just the way you'd imagine Christmas to smell.

I was huddled in a soft blanket with my daughter watching her favorite Disney movie when Marshall opened the front door and came inside, his coat lathered in white crystals that were falling from the dark clouds.

"It's freezing outside," he said, chattering his teeth and hanging the coat somewhere to dry.

"You looked like a snowman," Jane giggled.

He chuckled himself and did a quick boop on her nose, making her laugh more. She continued watching the movie.

The princess was marrying her prince charming finally, after so much time of searching and searching for each other in the land of make believe; they found each other and were destined to never be apart. Destined to stick together through it all, thick and thin, and be the unstoppable. They could fight all types of crimes together and fend off the demons that threatened their safety in their land of love. In other words, they loved each other.

"You and Marshall should get married, mom," Jane said to us.

I smiled a little to Marshall and Jane, and he wrapped his arm over my shoulder with a smile of his own. I quickly glanced at the beautifully carved stone on a silver band wrapped on my left ring finger.

"Soon enough, Jane, soon enough."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End! Thank you to all the people who have read this semi-good book. I made this while I was a terrible writer and I have gradually gotten better. As you all know, I have another book coming in about a month or maybe less, and that'll be it from me. Stay tuned for that!
Be sure to vote and comment ❤️